Author Topic: Re: Help Understanding Puffy Nips Post-Op  (Read 3223 times)

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Hi Nargle - Sounds like you've been the victim of the "sharp cannula."

It's ironic that you're not happy with your lipo scars because one of Hamas' selling points is gland removal from entry under the arm (not at the areola), therefore less scaring. :-/

At 6 months, you'd think you would be happier with the results.  :(

Maybe you should get an opinion from a different PS.

Good luck bud.  :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 07:39:51 PM by jc71 »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Well I'm 6 months post op from Dr. Hamas and still have puffy tissue under the areolas.  He said I looked "normal" now instead of before... granted my breasts are smaller after his operation but I'd gladly trade it back because of these dark lipo scars.  I don't think my expectations were THAT high.  Anyway, whenever I lift my arms above my head, I can feel a small "concaveness" over each nipple.  But with the arms down, it's still pretty puffy.  So he DID take out a good bit it seems, but did he just not lipo the surrounding part of the areola? Is it excess skin??  I'm in my early 20s so my skin should be pretty elastic.  He also stated that if any more tissue was taken out I'd be concave.  I guess it is a good mark for a plastic surgeon to leave SOME fat/tissue in there to avoid concavity, but it just seems like Hamas played it overly safe.  Thanks for any thoughts.

--
Nargle

Hey dude. Im 3 months out and my nips (which were flat as for the first 4-5 weeks post-op) are very scarey looking, scarred ,puffy, lumpy and quite sore to touch.
My surgeon has told me to wait and see what happens by the 6 month appointment.
He also told me that he couldnt risk taking out too much and causing a concavity, but I feel that he was way too conservative in how much fat?/tissue? he did in fact remove.

I myself, am just wondering about the best way to approach this. I want to pay respect to my surgeon's concern for the risk of a concavity, but at the same time want to convey to him that I belive he could have taken out a fair bit more, before the risk for a concavity would have been too high. Thing is, I am just not sure how to tell him that I think he played it too safe,and would have liked to be a bit flatter, without causing offense to him and his work.

any suggestions?
... and the saga continues

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I'm in the same exact boat. I'm about 15 months post op and still have puffy nips with the arms down. With my arms above my head my nipples are flat. I have the "concaveness" in my areola region, more so on one side than the other.

When I get cold my nips contract and look PERFECT, just like they did PRE-OP. My goal was to have them look like that always. It didn't turn out that way.

I still need to go see my PS to discuss. His schedule is always backed up and it takes 2 months to get an appt.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
I'm close to two months and still have puffy nips.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I'm close to two months and still have puffy nips.

Sucks, doesn't it?  >:(

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Yup, exactly what "Still_got_it" said.  It's wierd... I'm pretty thin in general also.  I do have big chest muscles for some obscure reason... I used to bench press a HELL of a lot back in junior high but quit as soon as I saw my gyne.  This I think makes my chest look pretty large in comparison to the rest of my body.  When my nips are cold or stimulated, my chest looks GREAT. Bermant, maybe you can address the puffyness and concavity issue?

I hear ya dude.

Im pretty skinny too, so was thinking that my chest would turn out very close to totally flat, but its still too prominent and muscley-looking (even though I havent lifted weights for 2 years, and have rake-thin arms and legs), which I think looks suspect, since I am not a muscley  anywhere else.

I think at my next consult with my ps in 6 months Im gonna just say that :

"although I know that many guys spend hours in the gym to get their chests to stick out and bulk out the way mine looks, I feel that for the way the rest of my body is now, my chest needs to be a whole lot flatter right across, and whether that involves more lipo or more tissue excision or cortisone shots or whatever... thats what I am hoping to get to".

what you guys reckon ? reasonable goal to want to achieve ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024