Author Topic: surgery in ploand  (Read 24036 times)

Offline koopa

• Posting Member
after reading this thread and also the thread on uk muscle i looked into - website.

The doctor certainly seems experienced however alarm bells rang for me when i noticed that she takes ALL of the gland out. I read a thread from someone who wasnt so happy after surgery there as he seemed to think his nipples looked sunken afterwards.

I emailed the doc r.e full gland removal and he had this to say....

As regards removing the whole of the gland, usually this is done because the chances ofrecurrence of gynecomastia if tissue is left is quite high - andremoving the whole of the glandreduces this chance somewhat.Invertion of the nipple does occur rarely but there is not muchcontrol over how this occurs or not.However, post-operative care including self-care might help againstthe chances of nipple inversion. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to hearing from you. Yours sincerely, Dr. Jeremy Clark

From what i have read, its not best to completely remove the gland and after being told that it could cause me to have an even worse chest i think i might just cough up the extra cash and have it done by someon like Karadis
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:14:28 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline otamox

• Posting Member
I've been reading these boards for the past four years and finally I've decided to join.
This Poland deal seems to be very hope full. I have contacted - clinic for the basic
information and have sent them my pre-op gynecomastia photos - my case is fairly advanced.
I am on the verge of deciding to take the plunge and schedule my surgery in about three weeks.
I had a few more questions and as soon as I receive the answers
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:14:41 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline otamox

• Posting Member
Sorry I got cut off.  As I was saying as soon as I receive the answers I'll decide and schedule my flight.
I will be flying out of U.S. to Berlin.  If I do go through with this I will gladly post my pre-op and post-op
photos. 

I did want to ask - BB26 have you sent in a deposit on your surgery and are you having the clinic arrange
pick up at the airport.

Very nervous about the surgery but after 24 years of living with gyno its definitely time to do something.
Thanks to everyone for your contributions on this board and hopefully in about three weeks I'll be able to
finally get rid of my man boobs.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Nice to see new guys on this thread as well.

Irish, I wrote to both the polish clinics.  I have to say I disagree about -.  

Because the response I got form the other clinic was much more professional.  They inquired numerous questions about my condition.  Moreover, not in terms of gynecomastia, but just having surgery in general, they asked so many questions relating to my history, health etc..  I found it little annoying that they did not disclose the information I required.  But I was impressed that they are willing to do full background check rather than just giving me available surgery dates.

I am planning on writing to lots of the other clinics which are listed in the url site which is provided on the previous page as well.  We all must make sure that we get the best surgeon available and not just jump into such a major decision that will affect our lives.

I'll keep you posted on updates.  If you have free time Irish, please look into some of the other clinics as well.  Ideally, I'd like us all to go to the best surgeon & clinic.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:52:23 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
otamox - yep deposit is paid and the surgery have arranged a taxi pick up from the airport. When you thinking of booking yourself in?

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
after reading this thread and also the thread on uk muscle i looked into - website.

The doctor certainly seems experienced however alarm bells rang for me when i noticed that she takes ALL of the gland out. I read a thread from someone who wasnt so happy after surgery there as he seemed to think his nipples looked sunken afterwards.
I emailed the doc r.e full gland removal and he had this to say....

As regards removing the whole of the gland, usually this is done because the chances ofrecurrence of gynecomastia if tissue is left is quite high - andremoving the whole of the glandreduces this chance somewhat.Invertion of the nipple does occur rarely but there is not muchcontrol over how this occurs or not.However, post-operative care including self-care might help againstthe chances of nipple inversion. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to hearing from you. Yours sincerely, Dr. Jeremy Clark

From what i have read, its not best to completely remove the gland and after being told that it could cause me to have an even worse chest i think i might just cough up the extra cash and have it done by someon like Karadis

Got a link?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:52:57 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline koopa

• Posting Member
i wish id saved it! I thnk i found it basically by googling -.
I know a lot of people would gladly take sunken nips over a gyno chest but i just thought the nonchalent "it can happen" attitude was offputting for me. Points for honesty i guess but dont the majority of people who get this done by by top surgeons get a little gland left to stop this from happening?

Its one thing to only pay 1500 for the first surgery but to then have to have corrective surgery for another few thousand?? Dont mean to throw a turd in the punchbowl just thinking out loud
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:53:17 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
koopa you have a point.  But do check the link URL provided by Irish on the previous page.  It has web sites to a lot of clinics in POland all with competitive pricing.  

We must all do our research and find out which of the clinics specializes in gynecomastia surgery.  I really want to find a surgeon who does at least 6 operations of gyne per month.

For the new guys, a brief background on me.  I had gyne surgery in April 2007.  It was done in Poland for only 950 Euros.  I also flew into Berlin and was taken by car to Poland which was about an hour away.  Sadly only 10% of my gyne has gone.  appx 90% is still there and I need a revision.  The clinic I went to was very good.  Staff was really professional and I had inquired with 2 people who went there before me.  After my surgery I found out that the Dr. only does 2 gyne operations per month and he does a lot of other plastic surgeries.  

So no I wish I had done my background checks and research before hand.  This is why I really want you guys to do your leg work before choosing a clinic & a surgeon.  I really wish - would have given me better feedback. because since one of us is already booked there, it would have been the ideal place to go to based on positive input from BB.  This is why I was disappointed with - responses.

Also guys keep one thing in mind..a good surgeon shouldn't be able to give such early surgery dates.  THey oughta be pretty booked up.  Surgery is something people plan months in advance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:53:40 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
cheers guys for responses,

April did you email - saying that you had it done before? what was the place you went to previously?

i read that link that you are all talking about the guy had his surgery 7days or somethin and then wrote the post... and to be honest i thought was a bit premature to write somethin that he was expecting instant results. I still do think that - is a runner to be honest. The thing is with gyno, is everyones case is different guys and we cant paint everyone with the same brush. all people are going to have different reactions to the surgery, pros and cons i assume!  we have to be optimistic about it and in fairness, we can't assume that it everything is perfect it is surgery afterall and there are risks no matter what attached!
so i wish bb the best of luck with his! when is it? and please please please let us know how it goes. cause im thinkking of booking myself before crimbo :P, and finally before i go,

these people are qualified doctors for crying out loud(won't somebody think of the children :)) regards to the inverted nipps which rarely happens i believe he said and also if it does there isnt really much control over(ie our bodies will decide if we have them or not ), its sometihn i'd gladly take as apose to the "manboob hunch" as someone said before :)

otamox keep us posted on what they say to you etc....

finally april its a small clinic 5 ops a month for the surgeon to perfom?could be hard to get no?  its not like its a breast enlargment ppl are getting lol ... not that many clients :P
talk to you all
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:54:18 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
My surgery is October 19th, im still confident i made the right choice with - - they tick all the correct boxes for me and all i have seen is positive feedback.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:54:33 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline otamox

• Posting Member
BB26, I am hoping to schedule my surgery for the week of October 19th or the week of October 26.  Today I received the last of the emails
from the - clinic in -.  Now its decision time between them and -.  Price is about the same both places loook pretty
good.  Just one more day of reviewing everything and I'll decide.  I do have very severe gyno, I am not obese maybe 15 lb overweight, and I
may need some skin excised after tissue removal and lipo.  Because of more time under general anesthesia I am leaning towards the - clinic
due to their association with a hospital.
Either way hopefully I can get everything organized and make it out there. If all goes well I will post photos, to me this has been the most helpful part
of this board when you see actual results.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:22:59 AM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
good luck to both of you guys.  if you decide to go to the other place oatmox, then we can compare which is better.  But hopefully both of your operations will be successful.

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
10 days now... not sure how im feeling. Never had an operation before, never flown before, never been abroad before, and never been away on my own before lol... think it's going to be quite an experience!

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
u exicted/nervous?? i'd say your both! you'll do great! where you flying from? u ur deposit paid? how much is it again? its the 19th isnt it? im counting down the days for you! im saving at mo so i can go to - too, hope it goes great for you buddy!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:55:33 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
Bit of both if im honest. Flying from Luton. Deposit is paid, it's one of the first things needed to get the ball rolling. Surgery is the 19th, bloods and ultrasound done in the morning then surgery in the afternoon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024