Author Topic: endocrinologist ? or home saliva test  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Fgyne

• Posting Member
hey all, just wondering if anyone knows about home saliva tests for hormones... theyre pretty cheap but i dunno if they are accurate. 
also how much does it cost for a blood test and endocrinologists?  puberty seemed like it stopped early cause im 22 and barely have any facial or armpit hair. not really sure how to appoach this post gyno surgery problem so anything will help.  thanks!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Similar hear unfortunately, go see an endo, get it looked into properly. I've been to docs, had blood tests and stuff so far and will be off to the endo when the appointment date comes through.. put it this way, if you do the home saliva test and it comes up either good or bad, what you gonna do next?? you gotta go see an endo anyway so might as well just get it over and done with straight away.

Offline flex1appeal

Plain and simple....don't be your own doctor. You don't have the education do diagnose yourself. If you don't have insurance you are looking at roughly $900 to see an endo for consultation AND the blood workup. I only know this cause I have insurance and I saw how much the doctor charged and how much was covered. If you have insurance it shouldn't cost you much of anything. But don't go taking a saliva test cause you cannot detect anything relating to hormones thru a home saliva test.

flex

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
See an endo specializing or with an interest in reproductive medicine.  You'll save time, aggravation, and money and it will also give you peace of mind.

Here is some info on saliva testing:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/67711-question-board-veterans.html

As you will read, it is terribly inaccurate and worthless.  Don't waste your money.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

It's an Endo every time in my view.

He will know what hormones to test for, carry out a physical examination of you and take your medical history as well.  The interpretation of the examination and the hormone results can only be done by an expert and not something you can get over the counter and read up on Google.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
Is it 100% necessary to have an endo consultation? Im beyond the hormone medication phase (im 24) and my Gyno is not caused by obesity at all. Is there anything an Endo can do besides tell me "hey your testosterone isn't as high as it should be, had we jumped on this problem when u were 12 youd be taller, have more muscles and a huge male thingy"? just wondering what the reason for me to go is since it will be a disheartening experience.

Offline flex1appeal

Is it 100% necessary to have an endo consultation? Im beyond the hormone medication phase (im 24) and my Gyno is not caused by obesity at all. Is there anything an Endo can do besides tell me "hey your testosterone isn't as high as it should be, had we jumped on this problem when u were 12 youd be taller, have more muscles and a huge male thingy"? just wondering what the reason for me to go is since it will be a disheartening experience.

Obviously an endo cannot fix your past medical problems. But seeing an endo now and establishing that you do or don't have a hormone inbalance and then fixing it can certainly prevent any further complications whether that be reoccuring gyne or something else as a result of a hormone inbalance. An endo won't just tell you "hey, your test levels are too low" and then pat you on the back as you walk out the door. He will develop a course of action to fix the problem as well.

flex

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
ok thanks. :) i guess this is my next step then before my consult.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Obviously an endo cannot fix your past medical problems. But seeing an endo now and establishing that you do or don't have a hormone inbalance and then fixing it can certainly prevent any further complications whether that be reoccuring gyne or something else as a result of a hormone inbalance. An endo won't just tell you "hey, your test levels are too low" and then pat you on the back as you walk out the door. He will develop a course of action to fix the problem as well.

flex

I reckon they are wise words

Offline Fgyne

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024