Author Topic: My story after all these years/ update/02/03/18 back surgery yesterday  (Read 69071 times)

aboywithgirls

I saw where you posted that your breasts felt great....
After I hit the DD mark, I started sleeping in a leisure or sleeping bra. It helps keep the "girls" from moving around so much. I know that it helps me sleep and the girls feel great in the morning too. 
A fitter one time asked me if I slept in a bra. I hadn't until then. But, I tried one on and bought it and slept in it. A couple days later, I went back and bought 3 more.  I was sold.
Maybe something you might want to try or at least ask your wife about them.

hammer

I saw where you posted that your breasts felt great....
After I hit the DD mark, I started sleeping in a leisure or sleeping bra. It helps keep the "girls" from moving around so much. I know that it helps me sleep and the girls feel great in the morning too.
A fitter one time asked me if I slept in a bra. I hadn't until then. But, I tried one on and bought it and slept in it. A couple days later, I went back and bought 3 more.  I was sold.
Maybe something you might want to try or at least ask your wife about them.

Debbie does not sleep in a bra, and she is much smaller than I am! She always says that she is very happy that she doesn't have the big breast that I and our oldest daughter have!

hammer

There is silver lining, an update to my story after more then a year, wow!

We've had a great summer despite the fact I need another back surgery! That's not going to happen until after the start of the new year! We had a new grand baby this summer, a very healthy little girl, and we did plenty of camping with the toy hauler camper that we bought the year before! We did decided that our dodge truck was a little lite for the camper so we bought a 2016 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado with the Crew Cab and the full 8 foot box to pull the toy hauler camper. What a nice truck! 22 feet of nice that is! The drivers seat is just as comfortable and has the adjustments that my recliner does, lol. We were going to go new, but finding a truck with only 22,000 miles on saved a ton of money! We kept the dodge as that is a 4 door short box with my wheelchair lift and much easier in parking ramps. Both are 4x4 so bring it on old man winter.

Anyway, now for the real reason of the silver lining!
As a diabetic one has many things to worry about and as I've posted before, I have neuropathy in my legs and i have had that for more then 20 years. That is what has cause many of the other problems including the back due to my falls. I also have it in my arms and hand too as well.
What causes blindness in diabetics is to get neuropathy in the retina nerve. I started wearing glasses in the 1st grade, but about 5 years ago my eyes started to improve and I was told I no longer needed them except for reading! My last year eye appointment had my distance vision at 20/20, and my appointment yesterday has my distance vision at 20/15 In both eyes! I still need reading classes though.

This kind of news to me is the silver lining, the pot of gold at the end of the rain bow! To me this really makes having breast very  trivial!

I've always said, "My legs are getting bad, and I'll gladly give them both up as long as I can keep my eyes"!

Thank you God!

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
That is GREAT news, hammer! I, too, have diabetes and I have always been concerned about my eyes. So far, no signs of any problems. My kidneys are another story, though. I have Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease. Like you said, breasts are a VERY minor issue (and mine ARE minor at 38B :) ) compared to eyes and kidneys! 

hammer

Exactly,  my kidneys are right at the very high end right now.  We are watching them very closely!

Good luck with yours! Diabetes sucks big time!

hammer

Finally, I had back surgery number 4 yesterday 02/03/2018!

I was told by the looks of my MRI that it would be a simple hour and a half small incision trim a bulging disc surgery, and sure enough it was the fastest and easiest surgery that I ever had! The doctor was running late so I didn't get in until 4:30 CST,but it did take about an hour and a half and my surgeon told Debbie that he found exactly what he expected.  That is a bulging disc pushing on 2 areas on my nerves causing the problems that I've been having for over a year now. He said it was like popping a big zit, and all went back to normal!

I was kept over night due to the number of surgeries I've had, but I got up and walked to the rest room as soon as I got up to my room, then eat Subway for a late dinner. I had a drain in me and when that was removed, it ripped some skin and I also have a blister in that area too, but other then that I feel pain from being cut into, but none of the old pain going into my butt or down my left leg anymore!!!!!!!

Of course I'm not supposed to bend over, pick up more then ten pounds,  all the normal recovery stuff, and I will follow it to the letter! I'm praying that I will have a much better summer this year without that left leg pain anymore!

Out of 4 back surgeries, and now 9 surgeries in total this was by far the best and easiest. If I hadn't had been put under for it I think I could have done it standing on my head, lol.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:26:05 PM by hammer »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thank goodness you had a good experience -- you deserve it.

Speedy recovery!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

hammer

Thank goodness you had a good experience -- you deserve it.

Speedy recovery!

Dr Jacobs

Thanks doc, I appreciate that!

Bob

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Hammer, I just recently went through the same pains and problems with a bulging disc at L5/S1 that you describe, down to the pain in my left butt and leg. Since I burst the T12 vertebra back in 1988 and had major fusions and steel rods installed my doc (interestingly, the same one who fixed me back then) wanted to try steroid shots first before doing the surgery. The first shot worked for about 10 days and gave out. However, so far the second one has done the trick. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that this takes care of your pain permanently.

hammer

Hammer, I just recently went through the same pains and problems with a bulging disc at L5/S1 that you describe, down to the pain in my left butt and leg. Since I burst the T12 vertebra back in 1988 and had major fusions and steel rods installed my doc (interestingly, the same one who fixed me back then) wanted to try steroid shots first before doing the surgery. The first shot worked for about 10 days and gave out. However, so far the second one has done the trick. I hope you have a speedy recovery and that this takes care of your pain permanently.

Yep, same locations L5,S1! Thanks for the well wishes, today already has been better than yesterday, I couldn't ask for better signs then I'm having! I even had a good night's sleep!

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
Glad all went well. That back trouble is as painful as anything I have ever had. I hope you continue getting better

hammer

Glad all went well. That back trouble is as painful as anything I have ever had. I hope you continue getting better

Thank you my friend! Hope all has been well with you it has been some time since we've talked! From all indications I believe I'll have a full recovery!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Bob,
Good to hear you are doing well after your surgery, a short surgery trim.  Back in about 1979 I had an injury from the truck crashing into me in 72 damaging most disks and the worst of L and S disks were at L5-S1 and it got suddenly worse in 79. Conservative treatment worked after a while.  With all the damage I didn't have any good condition disks for the fusion ends.  Rapid failure was just about assured.  I also had 3 fractures at T10-T12 with two lopsided crushed disks.  I've never quite had to have surgery with any of the damage while my partner had her C2-C3-C4-C5 fusion redo with a failed C3-C4-C5 fusion with failed hardware 9 years later from a dump truck running into her.  It's so easy to get back damage.  You are fortunate that the pain corrected.  Be well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024