Author Topic: Ace Bandage Over Compression Vest?  (Read 4244 times)

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I am 5 days post op and it feels like my compression vest isn't as tight as it used to be and the velcro doesn't catch very well. I put an Ace bandage on rather tightly across my lower chest to increase the compression. Is this a good idea or am I doing something horribly wrong? How tight does the vest need to be?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
anyone have any idea if this is a good idea or not?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
TBH I have no idea.

If it's not too tight I don't see why it would be a problem.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well, thanks anyway  :D. I go back for my one week follow up tomorrow so I will ask my surgeon.

DrBermant

I am 5 days post op and it feels like my compression vest isn't as tight as it used to be and the velcro doesn't catch very well. I put an Ace bandage on rather tightly across my lower chest to increase the compression. Is this a good idea or am I doing something horribly wrong? How tight does the vest need to be?

I prefer to individualize my after gynecomastia surgery compression therapy by fitting each patient before the operation.  Changing the compression with an ace bandage could hurt the tissues for my patients and I recommend that they stay with how I have adjusted each garment.  Such questions are better directed to your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Thanks Dr. Bermant, I will talk with him during my follow up tomorrow. I was just concerned because the velcro isn't holding very well at the moment.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
I fold my compression vest up so the elastic that is on the bottom spans my chest.  It makes it more comfortable while sitting and standing during the day (dosent ride up) and adds just a bit more compression to make it feel more snug.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024