Author Topic: Need doctor's opinion.. post op- nipples folded. (photos included)  (Read 7246 times)

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
I am currently at 8 weeks post surgery. I had liposuction and glad excision. As soon as my bandages were removed a couple of days after surgery I saw that my nipples had a fold in middle. I was hoping they would sort themselves out in a few weeks time. You can see my pre-op and 1 week post-op pictures in my post "1 week post-op - Nipples Inverted- Pics".
However, I'm at 8 weeks now and my nipples are still looking bad. Please see my pics and tell me what you think. I'm really concerned that my nipples will always look even worse than they did before sugery. Also, I'm curious to know what you think of my results in general.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:21:11 AM by a-monk »

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
nobody?? any comments or advice would be really useful guys..

DrBermant

I am currently at 8 weeks post surgery. I had liposuction and glad excision. As soon as my bandages were removed a couple of days after surgery I saw that my nipples had a fold in middle. I was hoping they would sort themselves out in a few weeks time. You can see my pre-op and 1 week post-op pictures in my post "1 week post-op - Nipples Inverted- Pics".
However, I'm at 8 weeks now and my nipples are still looking bad. Please see my pics and tell me what you think. I'm really concerned that my nipples will always look even worse than they did before sugery. Also, I'm curious to know what you think of my results in general.

Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery come in all different sizes and shapes.  Male Inverted Nipples complication after gynecomastia surgery is one variation. That last link is to a primary inverted nipple from gynecomastia itself.  I have seen such gynecomastia surgery complications from other doctors when the nipple skin is adherent to deeper structures.  Sometimes the problem is temporary from residual swelling.  Usually there is scar from the nipple to deeper structures or missing support.

I use my Fat Flap Surgery to build support under the nipple to both prevent such problems and as part of a solution to reconstruct surgical defects. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:44:21 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
I think you should wait a little longer. Some guys on here say that they had folded nipples but said it returned to normal after some months. It takes a while and 8 weeks is not enough. Gotta wait a little longer.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
thanks dave. i'm gonna wait it our a few months. just getting really anxious because you never know what the final outcome may be. Besides I'm travelling to Goa next month and am gonna be on the beach quite a bit. Well I have accepted that I'm gonna have to live with the inverted nipples for now. hope it doesn't look too bad.

Dr.Bermant - How long should I wait before I decide to get a revision surgery? If i do get one, will there be another cut made on the edge of my aereola?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:50:44 AM by a-monk »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Hope you have a great time in India. Hope all goes well for you and your healing.

DrBermant

Dr.Bermant - How long should I wait before I decide to get a revision surgery? If i do get one, will there be another cut made on the edge of my aereola?

Time to revision surgery and surgical options depend on many factors best determined during an evaluation.  Typically, tissues need to heal and soften before revision.  This can take at least 6 months for most patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
I am now 3 months post op. My nipples look the same as they did when I last posted the pics at 8 weeks post op. Also, the scars from the liposuction puncture look as prominent as they did then. The doc has asked my to massage the area around the nipple once a day for 15 mins. He claims the depression at the nipples is temporary.
Does anybody have an opinion on this? Do you know of similar cases where the nipple was inverted but sorted itself over a few months? I'm getting really impatient and depressed not seeing any improvement.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I've seen quite a few post-op pics... however, I have never seen this before...

I'd say wait another 3 months (I know dude, it's not easy waiting). If at 6 months, you still have inverted nipples, a revision (if possible) may be necessary...

I hope it rectifies itself...  ;)

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline a-monk

• Posting Member
Hasn't anybody seen this before? I'm gonna wait upto a year to see if it corrects itself. However, it would be great if I would know that similar cases have rectified themselves before. Anyone?? Any doctor's opinion?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024