Author Topic: Newbie!!  (Read 2723 times)

Offline sam1234

Hey guys,

How's it going?

I've posted one previous message on here but this will section will probably be more helpful.

Anyway, I've had this godforsaken condition since I was 12, I'm now 24 and I'm completely fed up with it!!

At first I didn't realise I had anything wrong with me but then I would hear the lads whisper "has he got breasts or something".

I lived with it, believing one day it would just disappear...that's what all the magazine's said.Unfortunately it never has and I'm completely shot for confidence now. I'm not the tallest bloke in the world at to make matters worst I walk with a distinct hump. When I play footie I can't wear my team shirt as they stick out.Nevermind the fact as Defensive Mid I'm unable to stick my chest out :D

I dread when my mates talk about a night out and me having to spend hours in front of the mirror trying on a load of tops before one just about hides them. When I go out shopping buying at least one size bigger then I am. The worst is having to wear jumpers in the summer!!!

I went to see the Doc about 6 months ago. He carried out a blood test for everything from hormones to diabetes. He then recommended me to the endocrinology department at the local infirmary. The consultants response was that it wasn't a hormone problem. Back to my G.P I went and He recommended me for surgery I haven't had my consultation yet.

I'm dreading the appointment now after reading some of the "horror stories" on here. Unfortunately, I have no way of paying private at the moment and the NHS is the only way.

Is it that bad???

I can't live with this anymore, I want to take my top off in front of my bird or go swimming on hols with the lads.I just want to be f***king normal!!!I know I am but it's just frustrating!

Offline kingboob

A lot of us on here have had bad experiences with the NHS in terms of just trying get a consult and then trying to get funding approved.................. so a lot of us will slag off the NHS for that reason alone.

Personally I got to the consult stage after 12+ months of back and forth with the NHS and three refused / canceled appointments.  The surgeon I met was really nice, if a little pessimistic...... even after the consult there were still many hoops to get through and when I managed to find some money the first thing I did was go private rather than wait another 9 months.

However some guys have gone through all the hoops, had surgery and been very pleased too......... some have had NHS surgery and been very vocal about poor results, but that could happen privately as well.

With the NHS I think the  key is to get a plastic surgeon or a surgeon with experience of correcting man boobs - as the technique required to get a good cosmetic result is different from the one surgeons use to do female breast reductions, and often they only offer liposuction alone, which is not the answer if you have hard glandular type tissue.

Finally, it depends how bad your case is....... if you only have very mild gyne or you are significantly overweight (check your BMI here: www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/) then you can forget any chance of getting it done free on the NHS.

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Hi

Don't underestimate the difference a compression vest/shirt can make in the meantime.  It could be a long wait 'til you get surgery.  I've only just discovered the benefits of a compresssion shirt.  Ordered it off ebay thinking that I was wasting 40-odd quid, but what the hell.....  Anyhow, when it arrived I ws a little dismayed as I took it out of the jiffy as it seemed really insignificant.  Then I put it on and wow!!  What a difference.  My ex wife turned up the following day and spent the duration of her visit telling me how fantastic I was looking (unaware of the power of the shirt  ;D).

To cut a long story short, the shirt was made by Underworks, and I've just ordered another 3 direct from the USA, saving me a fortune.  I know that it's not gonna help when the shirt comes off, but in the meantime I've got some of my confidence back, and wish I'd have bought one years ago.  Hey you can even play footie in one  ;D

Hope all goes well, JM

DrBermant

A lot of us on here have had bad experiences with the NHS in terms of just trying get a consult and then trying to get funding approved.................. so a lot of us will slag off the NHS for that reason alone.

Personally I got to the consult stage after 12+ months of back and forth with the NHS and three refused / canceled appointments.  The surgeon I met was really nice, if a little pessimistic...... even after the consult there were still many hoops to get through and when I managed to find some money the first thing I did was go private rather than wait another 9 months.

However some guys have gone through all the hoops, had surgery and been very pleased too......... some have had NHS surgery and been very vocal about poor results, but that could happen privately as well.

With the NHS I think the  key is to get a plastic surgeon or a surgeon with experience of correcting man boobs - as the technique required to get a good cosmetic result is different from the one surgeons use to do female breast reductions, and often they only offer liposuction alone, which is not the answer if you have hard glandular type tissue.

Finally, it depends how bad your case is....... if you only have very mild gyne or you are significantly overweight (check your BMI here: www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/) then you can forget any chance of getting it done free on the NHS.

I hear complaints about the NHS from my many UK Gynecomastia Patients who prefer my techniques.  To minimize travel, they usually start with our Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Don't underestimate the difference a compression vest/shirt can make in the meantime.  It could be a long wait 'til you get surgery.  I've only just discovered the benefits of a compresssion shirt.  Ordered it off ebay thinking that I was wasting 40-odd quid, but what the hell.....  Anyhow, when it arrived I ws a little dismayed as I took it out of the jiffy as it seemed really insignificant.  Then I put it on and wow!!  What a difference.  My ex wife turned up the following day and spent the duration of her visit telling me how fantastic I was looking (unaware of the power of the shirt  ;D).

You can see how effective No Surgery Body Shaping Compression Garments can be by exploring the various pages in that section.  Check out the movie on how the tissues move with and without the garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024