Author Topic: After Surgery & Aromatization  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
Once you get all gland tissue removed from gynecomastia surgery, is it possible for the gland to grow back if you were using an aromatizing hormones such as a steroid?
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Yes, because a little bit of gland always remains, and obviously, if you had gyno in the first place, your body is sensitive to hormones.  I'd be careful, unless you want to have another surgery down the road.

What if the whole gland was removed? My surgeon told me he was going to remove the entire gland.

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
That's what I've read here too, and I tried to tell him that, but he seemed to know what he was doing and said "we are trying to get rid of what is bothering you, which is the gland behind your nipple, so I am going take it all out". So far it hasn't caved in, but that could be because it's still healing.

Also, people who have never had gyno don't have a gland, so why aren't their nipples deformed?

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
It seems some surgeons believe in total removal, and others don't.
As giantfan says; most surgeons leave a little piece of gland there to prevent the nipple from caving in etc...

But why take risks by using steroids?
Not only do you risk ending up with gyno again, but there are many problems that might arise.
Before you know it, you'll be looking for a drug that brings back your test production so your balls will grow back to their original size. Or a drug that gives you back your once sky high libido. If you're a hard gainer, just give it some more time. If you train hard and eat well you'll get results. You can even take some supps, but why steroids? You'll only be depressed some time after your cycle because you're only half as strong as you used to be. Result -> new, stronger, more unhealthy cycle.

I'm not talking out of experience with AS. I have trained for 5 years naturally and gained lots of muscle and strength. Until last week (before the surgery) I could benchpress 3 reps with 330 pounds. Never needed roids to do that.
I know I can't forbid you to take steroids but just think about it. Where does it end? You know you'll take more than 1 cycle.

Good luck with your training, preferably without roids :-)

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
As giantfan says; most surgeons leave a little piece of gland there to prevent the nipple from caving in etc...

Not only do you risk ending up with gyno again, but there are many problems that might arise.
Before you know it, you'll be looking for a drug that brings back your test production so your balls will grow back to their original size. Or a drug that gives you back your once sky high libido. If you're a hard gainer, just give it some more time. If you train hard and eat well you'll get results. You can even take some supps, but why steroids? You'll only be depressed some time after your cycle because you're only half as strong as you used to be. Result -> new, stronger, more unhealthy cycle.

I'm not talking out of experience with AS. I have trained for 5 years naturally and gained lots of muscle and strength. Until last week (before the surgery) I could benchpress 3 reps with 330 pounds. Never needed roids to do that.
I know I can't forbid you to take steroids but just think about it. Where does it end? You know you'll take more than 1 cycle.

I would already have that on hand if i were to do a cycle. I already know which drugs do that. (Tamoxifen, Clomiphene, anastrozole, letrozole, etc)

Well, I guess gyno is a risk, but if you're doing a lose dose of something, it usually isn't a problem, and there are always AI's (aromatase inhibitors) which most of them cut your estrogen production down by 98%. I would always run one of these throughout my cycle if I were to run one.

But no, I'm going to leave alone AAS for now. I'm starting out an M1-T cycle tomorrow, which is a prohormone, and does not aromatise, so it won't pose the risk of gyno.

Hopefully this will be safer for me. Of course I will still have my post cycle therapy in check (Tamoxifen/Nolvadex & Clomiphene/Clomid).

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member

I would already have that on hand if i were to do a cycle. I already know which drugs do that. (Tamoxifen, Clomiphene, anastrozole, letrozole, etc)

Well, I guess gyno is a risk, but if you're doing a lose dose of something, it usually isn't a problem, and there are always AI's (aromatase inhibitors) which most of them cut your estrogen production down by 98%. I would always run one of these throughout my cycle if I were to run one.

But no, I'm going to leave alone AAS for now. I'm starting out an M1-T cycle tomorrow, which is a prohormone, and does not aromatise, so it won't pose the risk of gyno.

Hopefully this will be safer for me. Of course I will still have my post cycle therapy in check (Tamoxifen/Nolvadex & Clomiphene/Clomid).

Good luck with your cycle.
In 5 weeks (or less if the doctor permits it) I'm picking up my training again. Probably the strength loss will be frustrating but they say time off = time on so 6 weeks untill I get my strength back from before the operation.
I'm not taking any risks because I'm paranoid that the gyno will come back.

Show the iron who's the boss :-)

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Yeah  ;) I'm starting my training tomorrow. I don't have much strength normally anyways because of shitty dieting, but now I have my diet in check, which I will be following for the rest of the summer. Plus 4+ workouts a week. Hopefully I will gain some weight. Especially with the help of a prohormone. ;D Good luck with your training aswell.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024