Author Topic: Surgery this morning (4th August 2009) with Dr. Karidis  (Read 5805 times)

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Hi all,im new so please be gentle!! Ha! Ok so ive had this problem now since early teens (now 31),i remember going to see my doc when i was about 14,it must have really messed with my head even back then as my memory is awful but i do remember this visit 17yrs ago!! He said to my mum that i was overweight and i should try loose a few,that was the reason for my moobs! What had prompted me to go in the first place was i was sick of dreading the day we had to go swimming with school,i got the usual abuse and even resorted to bunking off a few times! Let me tell you not a lot has changed now! I avoid swimming and anything that means me being topless! Ive read a lot of stuff on this site from you guys that really hits home,like having to wear mainly black t-shirts or avoiding my missus seeing me fully topless in the light!! How pathetic hey?! Anyway about 18months ago i went to a place in manchester to have 'smartlipo'. My GP had advised my against having full lipo etc so i saw this as an alternative. Let me tell you,there is nothing 'smart' about this,it was a total and utter waste of money (£1700) and did nothong for my moobs! They actually forgot to ring me as arranged 3 months later so i called them to explain that there seemed to be no difference at all,their response was to try sell me another procedure costing £800!! You can imagine my response....! So i have been kinda depressed eversince,you get your hopes up thinking all those dark days will soon be over then the realisation kicks that your stuck with these bad boys for life! However since doing some research and finding this site (an absolute godsend by the way!) i am now thinking surgery is def the way forward,indeed a few weeks ago i rang round a few companies and made 3 appointments all for next week,they were with surgicare,the hospital group and harley. However since been on this site im now thinking if im gonna do this i had better do it properly and cut no corners. Im gonna cancel those appointments and probs go see Dr. Karidis as he seems to be the main man? My plan is this..i am actually about to start marathon training as i have stupidly agreed to run the paris marathon next april,it will kill me,but if it doesnt then i plan to have the op just after. I cant do it before as it well effect the training annoyingly. I have a couple of questions if anyone can help?

1. If i want to have the op mid april when should i schedule the consultation with Karidis as i know hes a busy man? I was thinking February?

2. Will i need to stay overnight the day of the op? Im thinking go down the day before,stay locally and go home after the op,my mate said he will pick me up. (travelling down from manc so any advice i.e trains and hotels would be appreciated!!)

3. The cost. I assume im looking at around 4k all in? How much extra is it to stay overnight at the hosp?

Its just occured to me ive been typing away without any real thought its just great to talk about this without the fear of been laughed at or ridiculed. This condition really has turned me into a paranoid sod!!

Thanks guys

Offline thetodd

. If i want to have the op mid april when should i schedule the consultation with Karidis as i know hes a busy man? I was thinking February?

have the consulation now if you want, there is no grace period. You could have it a year later if you wanted to

2. Will i need to stay overnight the day of the op? Im thinking go down the day before,stay locally and go home after the op,my mate said he will pick me up. (travelling down from manc so any advice i.e trains and hotels would be appreciated!!)

Upto you, if youve got someone who you can pick you up do it all in one day. Go early on saturday and youl be out the same day. Just give your mate some cash cheaper than the hospitalo

3. The cost. I assume im looking at around 4k all in? How much extra is it to stay overnight at the hosp?

£4200ish. Wouldnt even go there through the roof! Plenty of travel inns nearby
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

So you don't even get an over night stay with Karidis for the £4200?   :o :o

bloody hell, his surgical fee must be hefty then, because you aren't even paying for the hospital bed!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024