Author Topic: Being in shape vs over weight  (Read 7581 times)

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
Do you think its worse being physically fit and have a nice body, almost with a 6 pack, and have to hugely puffy nipples, or to be overweight with gynecomastia?

I have the first, i'm in damn good shape with a "nice" body and i have 2 puffy nipples that show through any t-shirt and are clearly visible.

Just a question.

PS I'm seeing a plastic surgeon friday morning  :o

Offline danilolopez

• Posting Member
guess is better to be in shape

i am trying to be in shape too, i am 29, and never ever ever was able to lift my shirt in front of anybody
since i workout i am starting to get more confidence so  i posted pics here

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Well, seeing as you're seeing a plastic surgeon on friday with puffy nips as your only problem.. I think you can answer your own question.
etc.

Offline SRK

• Bronze Member
  • will BARE
man being overweight with gynecomastia is no good
a man walkin with gyno is a man walkin with a heart of steel

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Be in shape with BIG puffy nips... ALL THE WAY. That doesn't look that bad.

Being FAT looks bad all by itself. If anyone here is more than 15-20lbs overweight then I would encourage you to trim up a bit. You'll be glad you did.

And, I'd bet that a great deal of the "gyne" problems on this cite are weight-induced.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'd bet that a great deal of the "gyne" problems on this cite are weight-induced.

We don't get Gyne from being overweight. We get Gyne from a hormonal imbalance.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Just in case this was a serious question:

It is better to be fit and wear a loose fitting shirt.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I vote for being in shape.  Obesity can cause so many more physical and mental problems than gyne.

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
No offense Bambu. Gynecomastia isn't always caused by a hormonal imbalance alone. Being overweight may cause the hormonal imbalance. The years browsing this board and in everyday life I haven't seen one person with gyne who wasn't currently or at one point overweight.
Obesity=Gyne
Exercise=Loss of gyne, or not

Have you ever heard of a person who has been skinny all their life and has gynecomastia?

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
man being overweight with gynecomastia is no good

Ditto

I'm a kind of overweight, now I don’t really know what is worse. This is a good topic. At times I do feel lucky cuz most people in my life that look at me or my chest just see a fat guy, not too much out of the ordinary. Good question if its better to be “the fattie with huge titties” or just “that guy with huge titties”. Gyne is one of the things that ruined my life but for some reason I imagine being physical fit has to be terrible and unfair. Like someone said before the fat blends it a lot better but still not good enough. My gyne sticks out twice as far as my stomach. Probably why it seems twice as hard for me to get a date then many people on these boards having to deal with both gyne AND excessive weight.

Offline zarathustra

• Posting Member
It's hard to tell what came first for me: being overweight, or the gyno.  

Either way, I definitely support the obesity-gyno relationship.

I've lost weight, regained weight, been fat, built up muscle, etc etc...

Right now I'm in the best shape I've ever been, I've been losing fat that I've never lost before (ass, boobs, etc), and as things stand, I can still see much more fat that can be lost and I definitely feel that my gyno is better than ever.

At my lowest weight of 170, I had a bigger ass and boobs than I do now at 200 (new muscle makes up the difference).

This gives me hope to press on, and that with just a little more work, I'll trim the rest of the fat and MAYBE have a tolerable chest.  

What I've learned is that the trick is in losing weight the right way.  Losing it SLOWLY and ensuring that muscle mass is maintained.  I think too many people try to go too fast (like I did the first time) and they don't end up honing in on the fat stores in the weight dropped.

I assume that my boobs will be the last to go.  So I'm sticking with the philosophy that until my body is RIPPED, and until I've taken it even beyond this point, I won't stop trying to eliminate my gyno.

I think everyone here should follow similar suit.  Exercise, eat well and be healthy, lose weight gradually.

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
In shape is the way to go.  Plus, after the operation, the less work you'll have to do.  

Offline Swim

• Posting Member

Have you ever heard of a person who has been skinny all their life and has gynecomastia?

Me, I've never been overweight, always skinny.  I've swam on a swimteam for 12 years straight and my nipples are puffy as hell.

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
rather be in shape than overweight... i was overweight most of my life until the age of 17 i got tired of being the "fat kid"... being in shape with puffy nips is not that bad in my opinion... having actual boobs is the most horrible thing ever...

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
I've been told that surgery will not just be something I am allowed to get even with all the money saved up. Apparently its recommended that before taking surgery like this or lipo its important to be as fit as can be and me being on the heavy side would be too dangerous to get this done till I lost a lot of weight. Or at least this is what a doctor would tell me as told by my parents when the topic of surgery came up. What is your take? Is this true? If it is then what an idea!! Lose weight THEN get lipo. Is this one of those things like wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher?? Because if I know healthy its not 4 pounds of giggly flesh pulling the meat off my damn rip cage.

Losing weight is hard enough, and it’s a lot worse with painful and embarrassing gyne. I can't even jog without pulling my shirt forward and I don’t want to get caught wearing a bra cuz they are most certainly seeable through a T-shirt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024