Author Topic: Got a TSA Patdown Today because of my Compression Vest  (Read 1980 times)

Offline hmh4530f

• Posting Member
So I just had my surgery last week and I had to travel today for work.  For the past few days I kept wondering if TSA was going to stop me for my vest.  I then thought to myself that there was NO WAY!!!

I was wrong....I had to go through one of those new body scanners they have been installing and got flagged.  They took me to a private room and I had to take off my shirt to show them the vest and they had to feel every part of the vest....Including my breasts (Not Pleasant).  Just keep that in mind the next time you travel and have to go throught the body scanners.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
You can refuse the body scanners.

They'll still end up patting you down though.

Offline hmh4530f

• Posting Member
I dont mind the body scanners at all, infact, I think they are great for security.  It just threw me off guard that I would get flagged.  But then again, I am glad they did catch it case I can see a zip up vest under your clothes being a little suspicious.

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
I'm a little wary of those scanners, conflicting opinions on the radiation levels emitted, TSA says its safe, other scientists say no, etc etc

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024