Author Topic: Surgery Complete/Hematoma now  (Read 3413 times)

Offline moobsremoved

This is my first post but have been a lurker for sometime. I had surgery on Fri (4/15/11) with Dr. Marefat. I was very satisfied with my left nipple post op as it came out perfect, however the right was completely swollen.

Fast forward to Mon (4/18/11) with a revisit, the Dr. confirmed it was a hematoma on the right side. He tried to drain with a syringe but it the blood was to clotted. The next step was the most painful experience.

He nummed the site as much as he could and began to suction the blood though a tube for about 10 minutes. He mentioned this was necessary because if i were to wait for it to liquify after two week to drain tissue may build up resulting in asymmetry.

Fast forward to Tue (4th day Po-OP), and the right nipple compared to what is was over the weekend has reduced but is still puffy and uneven compared to the left nipple.

1) Could it be possible that their is still blood clot remaining?
2) is their a possibility my right nipple will not ever look like my left?

Although I am thankful that both glands are removed with lipo compared to before, I am discouraged this happened and worried that I may never have symmetry. If anyone can chime in I would really appreciate it

-Thanks

Offline waves

• Silver Member
I don't know a lot on this subject, but I believe I've read you'll be in for a much longer recovery period with the hematoma side.  So any thoughts of revision should be put on hold for a much longer time than normal as it may take a while for the asymmetry to correct itself.  Probably not what you want to hear, but reassuring that time will eventually be on your side.

socovish

I had a unilateral hematoma too that was discovered immediately after surgery while i was in recovery (3 hrs post surgery).  My surgeon decided to do a hematoma resection, aka i went in under local anesthesia and he cleaned out the hematoma and cauterized the cuts, and now i am having symmetry.  I would get your hematoma treated ASAP since the buildup will only lead to potential staging ground for infection and undoubted asymmetry.

Offline moobsremoved

I would get your hematoma treated ASAP since the buildup will only lead to potential staging ground for infection and undoubted asymmetry.

Well in the post I mentioned he drained the hematoma side with a tube 3 days post(not sure if this is ASAP). is their a different treatment you are referring to??

Update: (4/20) some good news today as i visited the doctor again where he looked at my chest. He mentioned that it looks much better as opposed to last time and should go to the size of the left nipple in time after swelling subsides. He also drained fluid from the right side which looked like blood but said it was water from numbing the site.

Offline moobsremoved

ok this is going to sound a bit crazy but...

I just got home from work and took the compression garment off and now the right side (prev.w/hematoma) is now smaller and flatter in size compared to the left side nipple!!! I guess the drainage the doctor did today with time (8hrs later) has had some significance.

So the right side, swollen over the weekend with hematoma, then painfully drained, then aspirated two days later is now flatter then the left side which seemed to be ok from the get go. After all this i am still 5 days post-op, and cant wait till i heal even more and the swelling subsides!!!!

I just hope i still achieve overall symmetry down the road but for now I am more thankful than ever. Thanks you guys for all the feedback!!

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Great news!  Hope the healing goes well...a long way to go still.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024