Author Topic: I just need to get this out  (Read 1858 times)

Offline sk1234

• Posting Member
I had my surgery this January and thought that it was going to help me deal with a lot of things. I payed for it on a care credit account because I thought I would be able to pay it off quickly since I was making descent money at my job at the time. I would say that I had a good amount of "breasts" for my size as a male but I did not expect to get my surgery and then be all messed up afterwards. it was done by a highly rated surgeon so I thought I would be fine. I now have a hole in the right side of my chest that looks terribly awkward so I mostly always think that people can see it through my clothing so I slouch over a little and have a lot of the same habits that I did before I got my surgery. The left side of my chest is badly scarred on my nipple and i have a lot of creases. I also have a good amount of excess skin on both sides of my chest. My surgeon first told me that I could do a revision later that would only be anesthetic fees but then when I see him 6 months post op he tells me that I have to pay 4000$ if I want to get a second surgery (which scares me already since I feel like I might be more messed up). I can barely pay off my carecredit account right now which has a 4000 dollar balance off, I've never had a car in my life, and I am a college student working a job that stresses my body out a lot. The side of my chest with a hole feels weird all the time because it feels like its sagging. Some of my close friends who i've told about the surgery and saw it said that if I worked out it would "fill in" and it would look normal. I doubt this is true because I weighed 170 pounds when I got my surgery and after a few months gained 20 pounds working out in my room and eating a high protein diet. I wish I could work out in a gym but I am to self-conscious and don't even know what I would wear or do at the gym since I would be worried about my wrinkley chest with a hole in it showing. Recently I just gave up on exercising because I figured I would just look and feel like s*** the rest of my life anyways. I just feel like I am missing out on a lot that life has to offer because of my ruined chest and will never be a real happy person. I also have a very limited choice of clothing and usually just wear all black. I dunno if anyone really cares, I just wanted to share my story.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Sorry to hear about your situation. Keep your head up brother. I would just keep working out, watch what you eat, and put a little money aside for a revision. Would I use the same PS? Hell no.. My PS told me if I needed a revision that he would do it at no charge except for the anesthesia fee. The fee would only apply if I go under general. There are a few PS on this board that seem to do alot of revsions. I would seek them out and get there opinion. Good luck..

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I'm sorry to hear that, sk1234, and it really scares me. I haven't had the surgery or seen a doctor, yet, but I plan on doing that in the coming months.

But when I read stories like yours it makes me wonder which is worse?

Did this doctor tell you about the risk and how your surgery might turn out? If you don't mind, can you private message me the doctor's name.

I hope you'll be able to find a doctor who can fix the problem. Keep us posted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024