Author Topic: lipo lumps?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
i'm considering getting lipo with my revision surgery (first was only gland removal, and not the greatest removal).

my Dr said that because i have a smooth chest, that liposuction might cause lumping under the skin and a contour that might not look smooth anymore. that there could be bumps and indents all over.

this came as a surprise to me. 

anyone have any thoughts or comments on this? if you've had lipo, how is the contour of your chest now?

Thanks!!

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
What do they mean by a "smooth chest"? Does that mean you have no hair on your chest?

I don't have any hair on my chest, either. Right now I'm still doing research, so I haven't seen a doctor yet, but I'm planning on doing so in the coming months.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Sounds like you need to find another surgeon. 

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
i do have minimal hair on my chest, just a bit in the middle, but i assumed he told me this just to warn me of any potential not so great side effects.

in any case, id like to hear from people who've had lipo. how does your chest feel, not so much behind the nipples but the pec area if lipo was done there?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If gyne surgery is done properly, then your chest should eventually feel smooth and not lumpy.  The lumps that you have may be residual clumps of fat and/or breast tissue, or they may be small areas of scar tissue.  Check it out with your surgeon.  But be patient as well -- six months is a good time to give until most of the healing is done and you can evaluate the final results.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
i havent had any lipo surgery yet but my dr mentioned this as a warning i suppose. the other concern i have is with scar tissue. the excision of gland alone caused some scar tissue to develop that cortisone shots are helping with. typically, can lipo alone cause scar tissue? can this be minimized with the help of a compression vest post-surgery?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024