Author Topic: Black Scars On Nipples  (Read 3253 times)

Offline phoenixxx

• Posting Member
Hey guys. Firstly, I wish all people who had surgery, get well as soon as possible and back to normal. In my case, my surgery was done with small incision on nipples and, excess of fat and breast tissue was removed. Surgery was performed under local anesthesia. It is now 18 days post-op. Still there are black scars on my both nipples. It is like crust over nipples.I can feel them when i touch them. They dissapear day by day. But still my nipples are out of their natural appearance. I am glad blackness disappear day by day but i wonder when my nipples will seem to be in their natural color and shape.

Offline Khjh24

• Posting Member
I am in the same boat as you.  I am at 19 days post op and have black scabs on the nipples.  They look like they will fall off soon though.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I had just a local done too.  Fun being wide awake watching them cut you open right

Offline phoenixxx

• Posting Member
I expect them to dissappear in 2 weeks and after 6 weeks post-op everything should be back to normal.

Yeah , its fun to watch the op but, i felt considerable pain during the surgery, and still, i don't know why.

Offline Khjh24

• Posting Member
Who was your doctor?  I felt some discomfort during the procedure. I didn't know lipo was gonna be done cause at consultation the doc said excision only. The lipo felt like I was being stabbed and scraped from the inside out. A lot of burning and stinging. I toughed it out for the left side but on the right side I let the doc know there was some discomfort. I feel like he took less fat from my right pec but my right pec is naturally more muscular than my left.  The excision didn't hurt on the left side. On the right I could feel a little of the cutting. I go in Tuesday for a 3 week check up. I got a little lump at the bottom of my right areola that's causing just the bottom to stick out. Hopefully it's not scar tissue and will flatten out.  The left side is very firm all over and still slightly swollen.

Offline phoenixxx

• Posting Member
Right, it is important to let surgeon know you are in pain and you should co-operate with your surgeon during whole process. I said several times to my doctor that i'm in pain. After couple of painkillers, i said to my surgeon that i want to be sedated. And rest of the operation went smooth.

Generally, all scars, swellings, bruises should be gone after 6 weeks to 8 weeks. ( According to my doctor ). But he also said that , The perfection of the breast area and nipples is achieved in 6 months.

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member
I had the same problem. Apply neosporin daily and this will hasten the process. Also all of my bruising and swelling is gone, now comes the scar tissue part...don't expect to see a final result at 6 weeks. The 6 week mark for me, is just the beginning. of another stage of the healing process. Hang in there and be patient guys, we lived with it for x amount of years, a few more months aint gonna kill us!

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Boy, you guys are incredibly brave for doing just local!

Today is my 2-week mark and I also have the same issue but it's only on the left side, with my right nipple looking somewhat normal. So I guess we're all in the same boat.

Offline phoenixxx

• Posting Member
I had the same problem. Apply neosporin daily and this will hasten the process. Also all of my bruising and swelling is gone, now comes the scar tissue part...don't expect to see a final result at 6 weeks. The 6 week mark for me, is just the beginning. of another stage of the healing process. Hang in there and be patient guys, we lived with it for x amount of years, a few more months aint gonna kill us!

thanx for medication advice. I' ll have it as soon as possible. You are right buddy, we got rid of the main problem by having the surgery now its time to be paint. We just need time.

Offline Khjh24

• Posting Member
I went in tuesday for a checkup and the doc put some cream on my scabs, next day they started to fall off.  Only have a little left now.  I go back in next tuesday to see how I am doing. So far my right side is healing better than my left.  I can feel a little bit of firm tissue at the bottom of my right areola where the scar is.  It's causing a slight edge and hopefully that will flatten out.  My left side still has a pit of firmness extending from my nipple to the outer edge of my pec by my armpit.  also the nipple is a little puffy on that side, hopefully that will go down soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024