Author Topic: 5 Days Post Op with Swelling  (Read 1707 times)

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Hey guys!  I am 5 days out now.  I feel pretty good, just sore.  I see why some guys trip out and they say seem like nothing was ever done. I was very flat my first couple of days.  But now my chest seemed to swell up.  I measured my chest at pre-op: 47".  Post-op with was down to 43".  But now it seems to be swelling up.  How long can this last?  My chest feels soft like a sprain ankle would.  I guess this is part of the healing process.

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Swelling can last well over a month.  I am exactly one month post op and still have a little swelling.  I went in a few times in the last week to get drained.  The doc pulled out the fluid and i noticed that my chest literally shrank in size.  i guess its b/c he pulled a decent amount of fluid tho

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Swelling can last up to 6 months, sometimes even 9 or so at the extreme.  It takes time, you just had major surgery done.  It's very encouraging, and a great sign that your chest looked flat right after surgery.  Just keep being patient and positive!

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I feel better every day.  I still have some minor soreness here and there, especially after I get up from a chair or couch.  When should I start massaging my chest?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024