Author Topic: Surgery with Levick - 24/1/13 - Hematoma  (Read 17672 times)

Offline 3rdTimeLucky (Dave)

• Bronze Member

• Bronze Member

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Your bruising is coming down nicely, always makes things look a bit extreme when you get colours like you had. I don't know how your body generally reacts to injury with regards to swelling but I'm 10 weeks post op and still have swelling, as I expected. My last injury with ligament damage in my ankle (pretty server) but the doctors said the swelling would go after a month and even looking after it it took 6 months to go back to normal.

How you feeling with regards to the improvement you have atm. Looks to me like your profile has improved nicely.

Offline thetodd

Really nice result! Not really much else to say, once the bruising/pain goes your gonna be really pleased.

The BMI card thing is interesting aswell, sounds like a reasonable way of lending the money.

Shame that you've experienced sub standard surgery in the past, but Levick's done a great job.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

• Bronze Member
sjwsjw - After my first surgery exactly the same thing happened to the left side, but I had a far worse hematoma and I could feel pain where my initial incision wound was for the first one too, hearing from Levick today and his initial opinion on my 1-week post op pics, he thought I had a small hematoma and said that it will more than likely resolve and mentioned he too experienced the same thing.
I sent him the 2-week pics and will see what he says, but it is going down. I may need to go and get it drained if he thinks it appropriate but my feeling is there may be no point.

Just doing light massage in the shower, can feel hard lumps at the base of my chest wall that are very tender, will be going easy on those bits haha!

Really want to get back to action, kickboxing and weights but I've gotta be patient I guess. I don't really want to train chest and shoulders before its fully healed so may just have to get very light and promote blood flow (hence healing nutrients) into the area when I feel more comfortable.

Oh and as skateboarding and playing football for many years I know all to well about ankle injuries!!

Cheers Todd, I'm going to go back to the previous hospital and try claw back some money.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
This is a great result from levick. Your bruising 1 week post op was probably the most significant case I've seen, but it's looking much healthier now. It will get better with every day from now on.  I also wish you all the best trying to get some of your money back from the previous procedure.
Gyno free :)

• Bronze Member
^Cheers Pez, your result looks really decent. 

3 Weeks Post Op - Birdseye View

Left side still squishy and bulbous, seems I had a minor hematoma which is still resolving, with me I noticed after around 10-14 days the bruising started to fade with each successive day. Possibly due to the Bromelain I started taking in addition to Arnica 30c. I also wear neoprene under armour to alleviate chafing - also adds an extra layer of compression. After a shower I slap some moisturiser on my back, sides and shoulders as they get itchy and dry.
Anyway its still pretty sore but I'm getting more mobility - can put my hands right above my head which I wouldn't recommend trying for at least a fortnight as the trauma to the pectoral muscles causes them to contract, but I routinely do *gentle* stretches throughout the day including putting my hands against a wall above my head and leaning forward.
Also noticed the 'creasing' in my right nip which some have mentioned on here, not phased as the overall result is a comprehensive improvement on my old chest!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:09:16 PM by 3rdTimeLucky (Dave) »

• Bronze Member

• Bronze Member

• Bronze Member

• Bronze Member

• Bronze Member