Author Topic: Finally booking a consultation with Dr. Fielding (6 WEEKS POST OP)  (Read 15492 times)

Mikec1294

Hey ya that is one thing I heard for sure, if you have to learn to sleep on your back post op that really sucks.  I saw Dr. Fielding today post-op, he didn't really do much except remove some gauze that was soaking up some of the leakage I had.  It was nice to ask questions though.  The punch line was that I did not have a hemotoma, that is bleeding, very good, and that in 3 weeks I should lose the vest and start pushing weights again.

He had that intern with him which was kinda funny, but you got to listen to him teaching, anyway the most interesting thing that I heard was that on some guys he is taking upwards of 1000cc out of each side, ya a liter, wow!  I wonder at what point you would have to start dealing with skin rebounding issues.  I would think getting close to 500cc per side probably.  Dr. Fielding told me that he got 300cc total fat from me, plus the glandular tissue, which probably put me in a just under or right around 200cc per side.  Awesome, and glad to be done with it.

urgh my post op isn't until Tuesday, I'm supposed to call the hospital Monday to find out what time. I had to remove the padding that had the blood (not the foam pads glued to my nipples) because they were drivign me crazy. The entire vest is driving me crazy actualy, I'm hoping on Tuesday he removes the foam pads that are glued on and thigns get a little less itchy!

Mikec1294

One of the foam paddings above my nipples was REALLY irritating me so I kind of pulled it a bit to readjust it and it came a bit loose and I got a peak at one of my nipples and I literally smiled and couldn't believe my eyes LOL but I tightened the padding back up and will wait until Tuesday when I have my follow up with Dr. Fielding to officially remove all padding.

THIS VEST IS DRIVING ME NUTS THOUGH

Mikec1294

POST OP tomorrow, looking forward to it!

I kind of peaked at both of my nipples and they look so nice and flat, also the one thing I wasn't prepared for post-surgery was how itchy I would be....felt no pain, but the itchiness was horrendous.

Mikec1294

Post op went great!

the vest is no where near as bad with all the padding taken off!

chest looked so great, i was worried it would look TOO flat but it doesn't, still all yellow and discoloured, can't wait until i'm full healed!

He said he took about a cup of fat from each side, not sure if that's a lot or not but I'm loving the difference. Even with sligth swelling and discolouration it looks natural and I'm just glad I didn't get that "too flat" look going on.

Mikec1294

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Oh ya that looks really great!  It doesn't look too bruised up either.

Mikec1294

Oh ya that looks really great!  It doesn't look too bruised up either.

Honestly maybe I'm being really optimistic, tomorrow will be 9 days post OP and there is no pain, its a little sore still, the bruising is still there slightly and the yellow discolouration but so far no swelling.

I'm sure it'll all come though...but for now I'm feeling hopeful lol

it's supposed to be 20+ degrees for the next few days and I'm dreading wearing this vest :(

Mikec1294

Day 9 update:

the tape that was over my nipples fell off (well were hanging on by a thread so I took them off)

The right nipple cut looks great, the left one looks great too but I've noticed that the cut on my left nipple is significantly larger and it seems like there are no stiches there :s I know that sounds like it doesn't make sense but it seems like if I pull the nipple lightly it isn't connecting with the skin... I'll post some photos... 

Mikec1294

One more:

*side note: still can't believe how UNPUFFY my nipples are <3 lol

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
I'm pretty sure that the stitches that Dr. Fielding uses are on the inside and will eventually dissolve.  I don't know how exactly it works but I have heard it before.  I wish my steri strips or whatever would fall off.  Mine got all gluey and sticky and were sticking to the compression vest and that was painful. 

Looks good!

Mikec1294

UPDATE: that weird looking scatch was just a scab that peeled straight off!

I can't believe how unnoticeable the incisons are on the nipples. Dr. Fielding is a genius.

I think I'm starting to swell a bit though, near the armpits above the lipo cut its pretty hard....nothign to bad though

Mikec1294

Tomorrow is 2 weeks post OP so here are some update pictures:

Mikec1294

Tomorrow is 2 weeks post OP so here are some update pictures:

Alot of the bruising is gone now, I do have some hard spots that are still underneath the skin though on the armpit side of each side, but everything seems to be healing nicely.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024