Author Topic: Bought my first sets of bras  (Read 4772 times)

steven618

I just bought my first sets of bras. 3 pull over sports bras, which look nice from fruit of the loom that are styled like wifebeaters so hopefully no one will even know even if my shirt slips a bit. And 1 pullover style bra that reviews rave on from Hanes but is apparently a thin sheer material with little support but claims to be great up to a B cup which I am a mild A cup at this point and they are definitely filling up faster than a class with the favorite teacher it seems. So just taking precautions in garments. And 2 bras that are push ups and seamless. Not big on the push up style as I dont want attention to my growing breasts but definitely felt it was some of the only options I could find online for my size. 36a at a reasonable price.
Was warranted about Ebay and wish I would have shopped there first as one of the bras was a seamless no padding push up that looked great for a wear around the house style and comfortable. For only 6 bucks. I just spent 25 on the others almost makes me want to return them when they get here and buy more off ebay lol.
Anyways its such a relief to actually buy bras and see so many other good men on here wearing them also, very encouraging and inspiring to see men younger and older than me not giving a damn and just doing what feels best for their gynecomastia in terms of comfort and awesome to read which bras work best and such styles as it helped me navigated my purchases. Hope everyone had a wonderful new year.

hammer

Happy new year to you as well!

A bra is for supporting breast, and if you need to support your breast, you need a bra!

Be happy that you can get by for a few bucks yet! At 46H mine cost me over $50.00 each for a good bra! I went for a formal fitting last summer and my wife went with me, it was the best thing I ever did for myself when it came to buying bras! I've been wearing them off and on for years but we did our own fitting, but never felt as good as the ones I have now.

After all these years I don't go through a lot of trouble to hide the fact that I'm wearing a bra, just an over sized tee shirt, but I don't try and let it show either.

Bob

TomJones

You are not alone wanting support to be comfortable.
Tom

Offline Elandon

• Posting Member
Happy new year. Welcome to the club of men that need to use a bra for support.we are not freaks.
I normally use a seamless te shirt bra. For me the pullover bra didn't work. I use a bra every day.
I am not comfortable without the support of a bra..
Like the song don't worry be happy

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Bob has said most everything I would say already!
I too have had to wear support hose for many years now for vein health, and over last 2-3, a comfortable bra for breast support

I will add that there are certainly differances in choices for bras, you have to try different styles and sizes to know what works best for you.  Again as Bob has advocated, not a thing wrong with going to see a profesional bra fitter for this advice, will certainly shorten the learning curve.

I will add another comment somone other made on one of these forums which I think really puts this into perspective , "you are now part of the 3 billion or so people who wake up in the morning and put a bra on to support their breast for the day as a routein part of  getting dressed".

DB

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I agree, t-shirt bras (seamless) are best for me, compression sports bras work, but are rather uncomfortable by the end of the day.  Just don't like mashing all day long.  And uniboob isn't cool either. 

I avoid push-up bras, last thing I want is to make it more obvious.

Give a Vanity Fair 76380 a try, fantastic fitting bra.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi guys , I wear a bra most every day but not to work , I wear srcubs and need to change several times a day in the locker room.so that's no go , but at home and to sleep I like Hanes sports bras with cups , I found a nice high end support bra at wally world on the discount rack for a measly $3.00 fits great but its bright pink and the wife does not like it for that reason . I told her I am wearing it anyhow and do not care about the color.so sometimes we get what we need and fits properly but its frills and lace.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Fit trumps color, as long as color can't easily be seen.

Once you find what works well, you can buy one of better color.

I haven't done pink or yellow yet.  I avoid white too given a choice.

Offline itsjustabra

• Posting Member
It took me some time to get over my mental issues about wearing a bra. I might also be a rarity on these forums, because I seem to be one of the few young guys who have decided to live with my gynecomastia and not pursue other options. Sometimes, it's gonna be a trail and error process, everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you. I like Push Up Bras mostly because it gives me better support, and Bman41 (sorry not trying to pick on you, just trying to give a example) avoids them, because it does not work for him. I have found that despite my measurments that 40 band never fits me correctly, it rides up on my back among other issues. So I went a down a band size to 38, and that provides me with a firm band that is not restrictive with very good support. I have also found that I mostly prefer bras from Victoria's Secret, that is not gonna be a place for everyone, but for me it works. Like others have said, Fit, Support, and Comfort overrides everything else in my book. I have mostly drifted from my original point, which is find what works for you and work with in that zone, and simply don't care about what others may think.

Also, one last thing, from rereading your original post, Coobie Bras, might be a option for you. I like them, not the greatest support wise, but the comfort bra they have is styled like a tank top. They are also very high quality.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024