Author Topic: Update: 10 Months Post Surgery with Mr Vijh. Steroid Injections  (Read 3795 times)

Offline vacantuser

• Posting Member
There has been little to no change. I've been told it can take 6-24 months for this kind of scarring to go down. I've found one other mention of it http://gynosurgery.io/botched/ but can't find out if it's something that resolved itself or not in any other cases. Mr Vijh is confident that it will resolve itself with time but has said that steroid injections could potentially speed up the healing process. It was mentioned that the injections could cause slight discolouration to the scar tissue, I'm not sure if it's worth risking the injection to speed up the healing if there are potential consequences that wouldn't be present otherwise... Are there any people in the forum that have experienced similar scar tissue or steroid injections and could provide good links or provide their story?
As for deciding whether to get surgery, there's no denying I am much happier with the contour of my chest and don't feel as self conscious when clothed, however it has made me very uncomfortable getting topless in public as it gets far more stares and questions than gyno. Since getting the surgery I have realised what I think I knew all along, there is no silver bullet that will rid you of your insecurities, it's a matter of understanding them and not letting them consume you.

Offline vacantuser

• Posting Member
2 sets of Steroid injections complete. Hypertrophic scars seem to be reducing in size and fading. Photos don't do changes justice. More rounds of injections in September.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024