Author Topic: Second Consultation Dr Jacobs  (Read 4320 times)

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
  • I have gyno?  Doo!!!!!!
Well I am finally doing it.  I had a consultation with Dr Jacobs about two years ago.  Thought I was going to have the surgery but due to getting engaged, starting a new job, and not wanting to finance it all I never went through with the surgery.  How things change.  My wedding is next year and I am settled in now at work.  I decided to have another consultation now and already applied for the financing.  No turning back now.  I decided that I work hard, and kill myself working overtime.  I deserve this I earned it.  I also decided that I will not spend my honeymoon wearing a shirt on the beach or running from anyone with a camera due to my chest.  My consult is in two weeks!!  Surgery will be the first day he has open after that.  I will post before&after pics and let you all know how it goes.  Have a beer for me, the toast?  "here's to a flat chest and no more hiding!"

Offline Chargrr

• Posting Member
Good for you! Best of luck with your surgery as well as your wedding! I also had delayed my surgery because of the financing issue. I kept telling myself that i just could not afford another payment every month. Then I decided that this was something that would be so well worth making the payment that I had to go forward with it. So far, I don't regret it one bit! Good luck once again!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:05:23 PM by Chargrr »

Offline GyneIsACurse

• Posting Member
Wow, the times do change! i have only heard great things about dr. e. jacobs. ive actually done a lot of research on him and his methods, but decided to go with another popular PS closer to home(as i dont live in the NY area)...anyways, best of luck to you! and enjoy your topless honeymoon as well
Woot WOot!

Offline Paul-WC1

Hi, could I ask an approximation of how much Dr Jacobs charges. I am thinking of coming to NYC for my surgery as I have a good friend I can stay with before/after the operation. Thanks, Paul (London)    

Offline Knight1982

• Posting Member
I had my consultation with Dr. Jacobs last Friday and it went pretty well. I took 2 trains from Philly and a NYC taxi to get there but I think it was well worth it. He examined me and he told me what his approach was going to be. He said he would extract the fat from the side just under the breast and if some fat that's hard to get out he has a backup plan and that involves making a small incision under the nipple and getting the remainder out. He says sometimes it's like sucking a golfball through a straw and sometimes he needs to go under the nipple. Then he gave me an estimate and it came to, with the anesthesiologist included, $7,800. I've seen his work that he did on the Discovery Channel and a bunch of magazines articles on how awesome he is and I think it's gonna be worth every penny. I'm scheduled for the surgery on November 16th and I'm trying as hard as I can to save every paycheck I get and get a loan for the remainder.

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
Hey Paul, well the consultation cost $150.  He is very considerate about the sitaution and his staff was very nice.  Made me feel very comfortable.  My soon to be wife went with me and she has been very supportive about it.  Dr Jacobs took his time and answered all the questiones we both had.  I was quoted $6500 for the surgery, but that was before the cost of OR and Anethesia went up.  Hopefully that price is still good cause that is what I have budgeted for.  Take care and good luck.

Offline jersey

• Posting Member
best of luck to you guys...dr jacobs is great.  my surgery took about an hour and he didnt have to cut the aerola.  my scars are almost unnoticeable.  i looked great the 1st week, then swelled up a lot and was very disappointed about the procedure...i was thinking to myself i cant believe i spent 7k on this..then gradually week after week it got better...(the heat wave was bad for me, swelled up alot)  i am now 9 weeks post-op and very happy with the results.  i am still healing because my chest is still a little sore and the nips are still tender.

it is a long road to recovery, remember that!!  6 months to a year for final results.

good luck

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
It's cool to meet individuals that are having the same surgeon perform their surgery.  I had surgery on June 6, 2006 with Dr. Jacobs being the surgeon.  He's outstanding in what he does and he has a lot of expertise.  I felt very comfortable around him.  The surgery turned out great and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  I hope that your surgery turns out the same and I wish you the best of luck.  Dr. Jacobs is the best of the best.

-Oleska-
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:18:21 PM by Oleska »
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.  I can not wait.  I have to plan my vacation around it toi give me time to heal.  I am prepared to deal with any soreness, bruising, or discomfort.  It is going to be a motivation for me to get back into the gym.  I gave up after working real hard and seeing that no matter how much I ran 5miles 3 times a week or lifted, it did not get better.  As you can imagine, i gained a little weight.  Now A new chapter in my life begins as soon as surgery is over.  

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
Had the consultation.  Went great.  No turning back now.  I have scheduled the surgery for the 5th of september.  My honeymoon will be somewhere warm on a beach so i can finally walk around without a shirt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024