Author Topic: Has anyone had pain postop travel down into your..  (Read 2044 times)

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ribs, or stomach area?  I have what feels like strands or veins that are painful to rub over, and when i stretch my left arm over my head the area feels like its way too tight and hurts

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
yep, i had those. much better now. i did deep tissue massage on them after the 3rd or 4th week. and at first it hurt like a mother-(blank) and i thought i might even be hurting something because part of me even felt like i was hearing "popping" noises. and then i felt like maybe i pressed too hard and caused an indentation (but that fixed itself after a couple days) and now i don't have that problem any more.  i think i might have 1 little spot on the side of my ribs where there's just a little of that left, but it's leaving already!

i just took off my shirt, put a little massage oil on my hand (you could use a moisturizer if you don't have any oil) and that helped my hand glide more easily.  then, i stroke the area up and down and applied a lot of pressure. i did it for like 30 minutes at a time.....each place. and in a day or two it was gone! :)

best wishes!

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply.  30 minutes?? maybe i should spend a bit more time on it...what a pain in the a$$ recovery is...at least i know others have had it, thats good...i thought maybe i was screwed...

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
no, my doc showed me how to do it during a visit. the thing is--don't just rub it quickly back and forth. make sure you deeeep and slooooooow pressure and motion. push hard and hold it there and **slowly** move back and forth while still apply a great amount of pressure. it sucks now but really it's nothing. you'll see.

good luck.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024