Author Topic: Anyone do Martial Arts training?  (Read 9136 times)

Offline TigerKneeCrush

• Posting Member
  • Muay Thai King
    • Facebook
I train at American Kickboxing Academy | Boxing | Muay Thai | Jiu-Jitsu | Submission Fighting | Judo | MMA|
How is it training with gyne? I hate it. I haven't been there in two weeks because of it. I'm one of those guys that do pretty good for a guy that just barely joined. I'm like the guy that has potential but too lazy to show up because of gyne. I wish I could compete. I'm about 5'8" 170 lbs. Being weighed in would suck, or fighting without a shirt like in MMA. Well here is my Myspace if you want to check me out or say whats up. http://www.myspace.com/trivn 

Offline JeepKuntry

• Posting Member
I have been grappling for about 2 1/2 months now.  We only do no-gi.  I continue to lose weight so every week it becomes a little more obvious.  I haven't missed a class yet and nobody has said anything so I'm grateful for that.  Right now I'm looking for surgeons and I plan to get this fixed in the next couple of months.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
I take kungfu. Choy li fut. Its a southern chinese art. Ive already had surgery a few years back. I was taking karate before i had gyne and i quit when gyne came about. So gyne has always held me back from martial arts and sports. I dont think i could take a chance of someone seeing my chest while training. Surgery was the best thing to happen to me. Now im getting in shape and doing what i always wanted to do.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
Im gonna guess u guys had boxing gloves on. some styles are more suited for those type of matches. Im guessing they weren't allowed to punch u in the throat or break your arm right? real kungfu is brutal. not based on points.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
I'm saying traditional martial arts weren't really for sport. They were to disable or kill the opponent...
basically meant for war. There are probably underground fights were anything goes but they probably aren't legal.
Im not saying boxing is bad. its actually good. Don't judge a style on 3 ppl.

Offline XadenPhoenix

• Posting Member
Capoeira which is lots of legs, but it's also alot of shoulder/chest and back work. So when I have the op, going to have to lay off the training for a while.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
I've trained Brazilain jiu jitsu as well as some muay thai and boxing.  I'm usually with under armor under a tshirt to make things easier with gyne...havent really had a problem otherwise.

Offline TigerKneeCrush

• Posting Member
  • Muay Thai King
    • Facebook
I'm no longer at American Kickboxing Academy. I'm at LA Boxing now. I've bulked up to 185lbs too. Dr. Sutkin is gonna have another look at my chest. I hope he can fix it even after 2 surgeries. oh my Myspace link is www.myspace.com/tapoutshirt
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:40:20 AM by Fairtex »

Offline Deioces

im guessing you live in san diego, because you keep listing all these gyms here in all your posts. anywho yeah i used to train for a while. had to stop due to money issues. the gyno wasnt that big of a deal because i never took my shirt off so nobody would ever think different.

Offline chubs

• Posting Member
I just started, but with Martial Arts Academy in West Covina...  It's not as well know, but it's one of the only gym that do MMA, I love it. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024