Author Topic: I seriously can't take it anymore.  (Read 6837 times)

cody sockeye

First of all, I can't imagine that not being able to do push ups in gym class would be such a big factor in passing/failing the class.

The exam was made up of 2 parts. Running the mile, and well something else. But in the something else portion, pushups counted for like a third of the grade. I told the coach that my wrist was hurting, but at the time I didn't know it was broken. My dream was to one day be able to play major league baseball because I've played for 10 years already and its a huge part of my life. But when given the option of surgery, the doctor said that theirs a one in five chance that your wrist will get worse, in some cases beyond repair. I really didn't want to take that risk, but I told my mom that I have to do it anyway. And every time I ask her to make me any kind of doctor apt, even when she isn't mad at me, she'll groan. Then she'll say 'do i really have to?' and I say well itd be nice. and she says ok I'll do it tomorow. But she never does. I have an infection on my foot so i can't wear sneakers and baseball tryouts are in a few months, i had to bug her for about 3 weeks constantly just to make me a podiatrist apt. I know she isn't normal, but there is no way of getting that in her head. She thinks she's the greatest mother in the world and that I'm an ingrate. She takes all of her problems out on me like I'm supposed to fix it. Just a few minutes ago she calls me and says "I need to have car repairs that's gonna cost 600 dollars" like I'm supposed to do something about it. I have 250 dollars in checks to my name, a job application out, I'm gonna start working on a 70 foot headboat with my dad for some extra money. I'm doing everything I can and it's never good enough.

Every day I think of a few lines from The Breakfast Club.

"Are we gonna be like our parents?"
"It's unavoidable. Just happens."

That's not something most people think about, but every day I find myself doing things a certain way just to be the opposite of her.  Just another thing on my list of teenage stresses. And you know my gyne isn't even that terrible, but I have low self esteem as it is, so it's a big deal to me. It's not so bad that I can never go out in the sun, but I only do it when I go fishing out in the boat basically when no ones around. So I guess it's not much better than not going anywhere at all. I love my mom to death, but I really wish she would change. I've tried to "change" her. It's no use though, I'm going to have to fight this battle on my own...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is it possible for you to live with your Dad?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

cody sockeye

Well, I don't really think so. First off, we have visits sometimes. Just sometimes, not often. I've asked him a few times if I could move in but he's always had an excuse basically to say no and to this day he still says no. Secondly, he lives down in the town of Lake Worth. I'm scared to death of that place. I lived there for 9 years. Every day there were fights, gang shootings, etc. I prefer not to be reminded. I just don't know anymore. I wish i could just sit her down and tell her how I really feel. I try all the time, but she always ends up walking away, then somehow turning it on me like I'm the bad guy. Example: Here's something I hear alot... I'll start telling her what I feel then she'll start crying and say something like "I'm trying my best. I'm a good mother to you and if you don't like it, go live with your father." Then somehow that turns into "I don't want you anymore, go live with your father." And she knows damn well that he doesn't want me living with him.

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Wow dude no where to turn huh. Sorry to hear that.

You have no other relatives that you could stay with?

GB

cody sockeye

Nope. They don't want anything to do with me because of my mom. Plus I'm on medicaid and my immediate family is broke. Grandma is broke. But two of my uncles are millionaires. Unfortunately, they want nothing to do with me either... I know nobody's life is perfect, and I know everyone has their problems. But my life is just absolutely insane... I'm thinking maybe I can start making money, bank accout to save it up in. My dad is required to pay for half of anything medical for me. Maybe I can try sucking up to one of my uncles... Actually you know what? One of my uncles is a retired doctor... I should try talking to him. Try, is the key word there.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline outertrial

Yeah really, I can sympathise as my mother was the same, she was a Christian Scientist so not many doctors for me. Single parent too, it seems like forever at your age but in a few short years youll be old enough to look after yourself. I cant stress the value of education enough in adult life if you dont have a family to fall back on. Its your ticket out of poverty.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024