Author Topic: DR RAI in vancouver, BC. at false creek surgical.  (Read 3517 times)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
I just had surgery with him this morning. he seems like an alright guy, but im afraid that he may not have actually extracted anything. I think he only did lip on me.... :'(!! But i could be wrong. Its way to soon to tell. I think im swollen and stuff. Not much bruising yet, but im sure it will show up sooner or later.

DAYYYYUMM!!, this guy charged me $7200 for the surgery.

But its all good, iv had gyne since i was 13 so im just hoping all turns out well. I will post pics in a few weeks after i get them back from my surgeon.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey Remy,

I had Dr. Rai for PS before, although it was for my eye (hockey injury).  He did an unreal job on my eye.  I know he has a very strong rep as a PS.  His stitches were virtually undetectable.  That was 10 years ago and there is no way you could see that I had surgery on it.  However,  I was a little hesitant to use him for this because I couldn't find a track record in this area (Gyne) for him.  I would be interested in your result.  I have had a consult with Dr. Fielding.  I was impressed with him (his bedside manner is better than Rai's for sure!).  His charge is only $2k vs. $7.2K you paid, but it's a long trek to TO and a lot of hassle if there are follow up problems.

I hope it turns out well for you.  Keep us posted!
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Whats up

Yeah for sure man I will defently keep everyone posted.  Well i had my surgery yesterday morning and Im a little discouraged now because he didnt put in drains or anything. He was nice and all, but now I cant help it. I have this really uneasy feeling like i made a mistake by going to him. Oh well, I have my follow up appointment with him next week so I will keep you posted on how it goes. Yeah i really wanted to go to fielding after reading everyones posts about him, but that wasnt really a possiblity for me. I live too far man.

:(

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Yeah,

I live in Van too.  I wouldn't worry about drains, I don't think Fielding uses them either.

I wouldn't worry that you made a mistake.  Rai is a pro.  I know first hand.

From what I hear/read, most guys (no matter who the PS is) are disappointed at first.  It seems that the best times to judge are 3, 6, and 12 months.  Most guys seem quite happy at 12 months,  Healing process seems to take a long time... so I wouldn't judge much yet.

Take care... Suup

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
Yeah thats true. My chest is pretty swollen, so i should just chill out for a bit and stop hating on poor dr kimmit rai lol.

Thanks for ur response. get at you later homey, payce

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024