Author Topic: Silicone scar sheeting for scar treatment... Please help!!  (Read 4298 times)

Offline maloo

• Posting Member
He guys,
I had surgery via excision to remove glands but no lipo
Great results so far. Those stupid puffy nipples are gone.
I get all my stiches out in 3 days
Now the only thing I am worried about is scarring of the site.

I have heard about silicone scar sheeting to help with the process of healing. Has anyone used these?? Or any other methods to reduce scarring???

Please let me know of any products for these silicone scar sheeting. I live in Australia and have looked around with not much success.

Any info would be great

Thanks

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
depends, they may work for u the may not, depends on the brand i guess too.  didnt do much for me except leave a visible square around the incisions where the sheet once was...it actually dyed my skin a lighter tone all around the incision in the shape of the square piece.  just use a scar cream or gel, rub it in like it says to, thats what id do, and will do if i get a second revision any time soon.

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member
You should use aloe vera and Aquaphoras soon as it stops bleeding.  Stay away from vit E.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
You should use aloe vera and Aquaphoras soon as it stops bleeding.  Stay away from vit E.

whats wrong with vit E? 

Offline spaceace

• Bronze Member

whats wrong with vit E? 

Studies have shown that it has not been proven to be more effective than using nothing at all.  In fact, some studies show vit e as having a detrimental effect on scars.  Aloe vera and Aquaphor have proven to be highly effective at reducing scars.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
ok thx.  i'd ask for a link to your 'studies' but i dont have time to read it, so i'll take the advice of a stranger in the hopes i get another revision.  thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024