Author Topic: Had my surg yesterday, few comments and questions  (Read 2901 times)

Offline supernova

• Posting Member
hello

I have been reading this board for a month, never posted, thanks for all the posts and the info which was very helpful

I had my surg yesterday with Dr Cattani in ny, and it went well, I havent seen what it looks like yet cause I am still bandaged up but caught a glimps after surg, and it looked good, today I swelled up alot and it feels like nothing was done but I have the garment on an will take it off tomorrow only to wash

I have had this prob my whole life and was always told exercise was the way to get rid of it, reading this board made me feel like I wasn't alone and pushed me to finally have this done.

the surg took about 40 min and at times hurt like hell, also when the novicane wore off I thought I would die last night it hurt so much, a few Rx meds and I was fine, today is just soreness

a few questions:
- does this skin reform itself with the help of the garment, I was told to wear it for 2 weeks

- he also took out the gland which looked like alot - does the removal of the gland lower the production of estrogen levels in the body

- how long does it take for swelling to go down, not completely but enough where you arent so sore

- lastly, has anyone had fat on their chest come back after surg? I would imagine so if you used steroids, but I have never used steroids not ever will

Again, thank you to everyone for their honestly and helpful information

Offline Fat-Elvis

• Bronze Member
- lastly, has anyone had fat on their chest come back after surg? I would imagine so if you used steroids, but I have never used steroids not ever will
Do you actually mean fat?  Gland shouldn't come back in most cases, but fat can come back anywhere.  That's something that concerns me about the procedure....if some of what's taken out is fat, that means the moobs can grow back somewhat, right?

Offline supernova

• Posting Member
yes he took alot of fat, I looked at the jar it was really full, they said they lipo'd alot of fat off, the gland was alot also, fat can come back but it is also easier to work the fat off your chest or shape your chest as long as the gland is gone, I was told it is hard to get rid of fat on your chest with the gland there,

what i saw for a split second (cause I was sedated) looked really really good, but now I have swollen up alot, I have drained alot on the left side, a bit on the right

my left boob was larger that the right (pre-op) so maybe that is why I had alot of drainage

here is dr cattani's site with pics of patients, I will post my pics at some point

www.drcattani.com

GynO_DuDe

Congratulations, and don't worry everyones gone through the long recovery process!! Im still 2 months post op!

I went through power assisted lipo (which also removed gland) and was given a information booklet.

It clearly says when the operation is done, gland and fat cells are removed which means theirs no way of it returning!! I mean obviously not ALL THE FAT CELLS are removed from your chest but the majority are. So the only fat thats going to go their is the fat that will circulate around your body to fill in the gaps and deformities you may have in your chest area.

As long as you dont abuse yourself ... which means, junk food, steroids, marijuana, lotsa alcohol ... you'll never have to worry about t!ts again!

DrBermant

hello

I have been reading this board for a month, never posted, thanks for all the posts and the info which was very helpful

I had my surg yesterday with Dr Cattani in ny, and it went well, I havent seen what it looks like yet cause I am still bandaged up but caught a glimps after surg, and it looked good, today I swelled up alot and it feels like nothing was done but I have the garment on an will take it off tomorrow only to wash

I have had this prob my whole life and was always told exercise was the way to get rid of it, reading this board made me feel like I wasn't alone and pushed me to finally have this done.

the surg took about 40 min and at times hurt like hell, also when the novicane wore off I thought I would die last night it hurt so much, a few Rx meds and I was fine, today is just soreness

a few questions:
- does this skin reform itself with the help of the garment, I was told to wear it for 2 weeks

- he also took out the gland which looked like alot - does the removal of the gland lower the production of estrogen levels in the body

- how long does it take for swelling to go down, not completely but enough where you arent so sore

Again, thank you to everyone for their honestly and helpful information

Swelling can obscure results.  One day is very early after surgery for some techniques.

Posting Standardized Before and After Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

Comfort after gynecomastia surgery ties in with the degree of tissue damage, swelling, bruising, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, patient issues and many other factors. 

You can see other examples of early results:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compared to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024