Author Topic: Pain after surgery  (Read 6931 times)

Offline babu

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

i am 2 days post surgery.. and i am having intense pain ..i cant sit on my own..some one should help me to sit ..and i am also experiencing severe pain in the throat ..my surgeon says its normal....i had gland excesion and lipo ...did any one face such problems....ur inputs will help me...plz reply...give me any suggestions.....

i am also feeling liquids Oozing in my chest.....is it normal
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:09:33 AM by babu »

Offline Swenip

• Posting Member
Hi Babu

I had my surgery done 7 days ago. i had some pain the first 24 hours, it wasnt so bad if i sat still but walking and moving the arms slightly hurt a bit. In my case the pain the first 24 hours was alot worse then the pain after 48 hours. If your surgeon says its normal i would just wait about 48 - 72 hours. if it hasnt gotten better i would start worrying. Dont know if im of any help, good luck anyways.

Offline babu

• Posting Member
Hi Swenip thanks for the reply

the pain considerably reduced today..there is almost no pain..it hurts a bit when i move in the bed or get up from the bed ,other than that every thing is fine

my nipples look wack.....don't know how long it will take for them to heal...how about yours...?

Offline anothersufferer

• Posting Member
  • Going ahead on path of bare chest dream!
Hey babu,

There will be reducing pain for the first four days until the stitches will be removed.

I had the same problems on the first day but luckily my wife was there with me all the time helping me to sit, stand, walk & eat.

There was some liquid which oozed out from the hole made for excision.

I had sore throat on the day of surgery, but that was because of anesthesia pipes inserted in my mouth.

See, once you get operated and fat is removed, the extra skin would be hanging out and would not shrink that fast. It will take time for your nipples to look nice, and I can tell you as it is winter time, within 15 days your nipples would look as previously.

Just dont forget to wear compression west all the time.

All the best for recovery.
Thanks,
Say "No" to Gyne

Surgery Date: 11th October 2007
Lipo + Excision
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. K. Ramachandran, Apollo, Chennai, India
Surgery Exp:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12088.0.html
Pre & Post Op photos:
http://www.clickfriends.com/anothersufferer/gallery329

Offline babu

• Posting Member
Thnx anothersufferer for your help

DrBermant

Hi guys,

i am 2 days post surgery.. and i am having intense pain ..i cant sit on my own..some one should help me to sit ..and i am also experiencing severe pain in the throat ..my surgeon says its normal....i had gland excesion and lipo ...did any one face such problems....ur inputs will help me...plz reply...give me any suggestions.....

i am also feeling liquids Oozing in my chest.....is it normal

Recovery after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal and other factors.  I have evolved my Dynamic Technique to minimize bruising, swelling, and discomfort that I am able to post very early after surgery pictures.  Check out typical Bruising and Swelling After Dr. Bermant's Gynecomastia Surgery Gallery.

Comfort after surgery also depends on many factors.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline babu

• Posting Member

Recovery after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal and other factors.  I have evolved my Dynamic Technique to minimize bruising, swelling, and discomfort that I am able to post very early after surgery pictures.  Check out typical Bruising and Swelling After Dr. Bermant's Gynecomastia Surgery Gallery.

Comfort after surgery also depends on many factors.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks Dr Bermant for the reply....
i have one more question..my surgeon used dissolvable stitches ....while most of the surgeons use ordinary stitches  which are good for this surgery ..which would you use for surgeries .........
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:20:36 AM by babu »

DrBermant

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Thanks Dr Bermant for the reply....
i have one more question..my surgeon used dissolvable stitches ....while most of the surgeons use ordinary stitches  which are good for this surgery ..which would you use for surgeries .........

For most of my male chest sculpture, I use a combination of different types of absorbable sutures.  For some types of Male Mastopexy Chest Lift, I use some deep permanent sutures to minimize recurrent sagging, and dissolvable sutures elsewhere.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024