Author Topic: In my head or reality after 3 surgeries?  (Read 6784 times)

Offline tobehappyagain

• Posting Member
Hello,

I had a thread on here before, but it appears it's no longer there.

I wonder sometimes if my body is ok and if I've just gone through so much that I can't get beyond what used to be.  I don't know if it's in my head or if I actually could use more "work".  This condition has really changed my life.  I used to be so happy and now.....I'm not depressed like I used to be, but I still have times where I'm not myself due to this condition.

This part may should go into the story section, but I'll keep it short. 
I had gyno for about 4-5 years (long years) before I got the courage up to tell my mom why I was so down.  I was about 21 or 22 when I had my first surgery.  After that surgery I was not pleased with the results b/c the surgeon did not take out enough tissue.

I think it was about a year to a year and half later I had a second surgery.  I thought, this time it'll be done and I can move on with my life.  This time the surgeon didn't take enough out of one side and there was a noticeable lump of tissue that I could feel.  I tried to accept it and move on.  All the while my mom telling me, you're the only one who will notice that.  I didn't think so and it was very obvious to me.

I made a decision on my own that I was going to get a 3rd surgery to correct the problem.  I did this and the symmetry is much better. 

Couple of issues:  If I flex hard on my left side there is some indention/wrinkling (not terrible, I think I can live with it).  I think that my chest looks good when my nipples are hard, but when they aren't I think my chest looks fat.

If I was a bigger guy I don't think I'd have as much of an issue, but I am a thin guy, 6'0 150lbs.  I have a lot of chest muscle, but to me when my nipples aren't hard it looks like my chest is not proportional to the rest of my body.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Not to be disrespectful, but as an avid weightlifter/recreational bber I highly doubt you have a whole lot of lean muscle mass at 6'0" 150 lbs. At my leanest this summer I was 170 lbs at 5'8" and still on the small side. Some pics would help us understand what you are talking about, maybe then we can all offer some assistance.

Offline tobehappyagain

• Posting Member
I guess I can see how you would think that based on the #'s.  I'm not saying I'm ripped or anything, but I seem to have a lot of muscle in my chest area.  I will work on getting pics up.

I know I could use to gain a few lbs, tough with my metabolism.

The first pic is with nipples hard.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:44:59 AM by tobehappyagain »

Offline tobehappyagain

• Posting Member
The second is when they aren't....I don't think they were quite at their biggest point, but the best I could do.

Offline tobehappyagain

• Posting Member
The last is just a 3/4 shot to show that it is actually muscle.

Offline sim

• Posting Member
I can't notice any indentation or wrinkling from the pics. It looks like you had a good surgeon.  I think it's more in your head than anything real- I know what it's like, I used to keep seeing the same stuff after my 2 ops,but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually, I think I was the only one noticing these things. It was like, even when people told me I looked really fit, I thought they were saying it try and make me feel better.

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Man you look really good, you have nothing to worry about ;)
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i think your chest looks perfectly fine, allot of guys on here get obsessed with having totally flat nipples, in reality i think all guys have a different (smaller) look to their nipples when cold and having a small protrusion when relaxed is normal and doesn't look abnormal or detract aesthetically from your chest.

Offline Swenip

• Posting Member
dude your chest is fine, i cant see anything wrong with it. Looks totally normal and i dont see anything unproportional. I think its all in your head, i wouldnt change a thing  :)

Offline tobehappyagain

• Posting Member
I think it's more in your head than anything real- I know what it's like, I used to keep seeing the same stuff after my 2 ops,but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually, I think I was the only one noticing these things. It was like, even when people told me I looked really fit, I thought they were saying it try and make me feel better.

Do you still see the same stuff from the past?  If not, how did you get over it?

Thanks to everyone that replied with the positive comments, it does make me feel a little better.  I wish I could see things from an outside perspective sometime.  I know it shouldn't matter, but I like to know how other people see me.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I see nothing wrong there at all my friend. I would never know looking at you that you ever had gyno or surgery. We are our own worst critics, but honestly if you call those nipples big, mine are HUGE then!

DrBermant

Hello,

I had a thread on here before, but it appears it's no longer there.

I wonder sometimes if my body is ok and if I've just gone through so much that I can't get beyond what used to be.  I don't know if it's in my head or if I actually could use more "work".  This condition has really changed my life.  I used to be so happy and now.....I'm not depressed like I used to be, but I still have times where I'm not myself due to this condition.

This part may should go into the story section, but I'll keep it short. 
I had gyno for about 4-5 years (long years) before I got the courage up to tell my mom why I was so down.  I was about 21 or 22 when I had my first surgery.  After that surgery I was not pleased with the results b/c the surgeon did not take out enough tissue.

I think it was about a year to a year and half later I had a second surgery.  I thought, this time it'll be done and I can move on with my life.  This time the surgeon didn't take enough out of one side and there was a noticeable lump of tissue that I could feel.  I tried to accept it and move on.  All the while my mom telling me, you're the only one who will notice that.  I didn't think so and it was very obvious to me.

I made a decision on my own that I was going to get a 3rd surgery to correct the problem.  I did this and the symmetry is much better. 

Couple of issues:  If I flex hard on my left side there is some indention/wrinkling (not terrible, I think I can live with it).  I think that my chest looks good when my nipples are hard, but when they aren't I think my chest looks fat.

If I was a bigger guy I don't think I'd have as much of an issue, but I am a thin guy, 6'0 150lbs.  I have a lot of chest muscle, but to me when my nipples aren't hard it looks like my chest is not proportional to the rest of my body.

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Secondary Surgery is often an option for those who had prior surgery.  However, there are limitations on what realistic surgery can offer.  Scars are not removed, but instead replaced by other scars.  Realistic expectations are key to success. 

Such issues are better discussed during a consultation with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options.  We help patients explore such issues during consultations or preliminary remote discussions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
Bro I dont see any gyn - looks like the surgeon did a real good job.

One thing that would definitely make you get over it and feel better - hit the gym hard, EAT EAT EAT and pack on the muscle.  You're lucky that you're very lean and you dont have to be as picky with your diet.  Of course it makes it a little more sifficult for you to gain, but most of your gains can be lean muscle mass.  Make sure that you eat enough protein.  Go to a reputable BB site such as bodybulding.com and read up on training and diet.  I know a few guys who used to be very skinny, much skinnier than you, and with some hard work and dedication they packed on some serious muscle without drugs.

Offline sim

• Posting Member
I think it's more in your head than anything real- I know what it's like, I used to keep seeing the same stuff after my 2 ops,but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually, I think I was the only one noticing these things. It was like, even when people told me I looked really fit, I thought they were saying it try and make me feel better.

Do you still see the same stuff from the past?  If not, how did you get over it?

Thanks to everyone that replied with the positive comments, it does make me feel a little better.  I wish I could see things from an outside perspective sometime.  I know it shouldn't matter, but I like to know how other people see me.

After my surgery I had a small indentation on one side. I could only see it under certain lighting conditions and no one else could see it. But I began to obsess about it and eventually I distorted what I saw in my mind. Yeah, the indent was there but it was only me that could really see it, but I imagined it was much worse. I think you are too because I can't see anything unusual in your pics. I'm not saying it isn't there, but I don't think anyone will be able to see it. How I got over it? Tried to stop worrying about it, and telling myself yeah it is there but I am blowing it out of proportion and no one else can really see it.
About your 'fat' chest- I have had 2 ops but still have a slightly soft chest which was more noticeable when I was at very low body fat. I do weights so it is defined and looks good but is still a bit 'fat'. I think that is something most guys have even after gyne surgery. So what I did was bulk up shoulders/arms/back and it now looks all in proportion. And I have accepted that I will not have a perfectly hard chest.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
Bro I dont see any gyn - looks like the surgeon did a real good job.

One thing that would definitely make you get over it and feel better - hit the gym hard, EAT EAT EAT and pack on the muscle.  You're lucky that you're very lean and you dont have to be as picky with your diet.  Of course it makes it a little more sifficult for you to gain, but most of your gains can be lean muscle mass.  Make sure that you eat enough protein.  Go to a reputable BB site such as bodybulding.com and read up on training and diet.  I know a few guys who used to be very skinny, much skinnier than you, and with some hard work and dedication they packed on some serious muscle without drugs.

+1

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024