Author Topic: Very dark (black?) nipples post-op  (Read 7883 times)

Offline jdencker

Hi All,

I'm 8 days post-op and am getting worried about how dark my nipples still look.  My reputable doc says it will subside, but these posts on here have me worried as I did get a fair amount of gland removed and the dark portion doesn't appear to be raised.  Can't really tell if its black or purple.  Also don't know whether dying tissue effects all or none of the nipple as a portion of my nipple is fine.

Please share your thoughts, and be as honest as possible.

Thank you,

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
You have nothing to worry about. 

Within the next week the black parts will begin to peel off revealing healthy skin underneath.  I had one nipple completely black and it was just fine, the dark near the incisions is pretty much normal.  http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13787.0 in this thread we discuss it in pretty great depth.

Offline jdencker

Really appreciate your prompt reply gynebegone2.  If anyone has a different opinion, please let me know.

Offline flmb

• Posting Member
mine were both purple looking and about 3 days ago my right nipple is now normal looking (pink). however my left is still purple. and both nipples are very sensitive now. i am 17 days post op.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Once those incisions scab over and peel off, they will be a bright pink.  You have nothing to worry about.  Chest looks great, by the way!

Offline Jimmy99

• Posting Member
i had the same, although more sever, issue.  the top layer of skin will scab off.  i have a thread here about this

Offline Paulcolpitts

Hi please could you help I'm 2days post opp and my left nipple is really dark purple been like this since surgery right nipple looks fine I was just wounding if your dark nipple looked anything like mine thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024