Author Topic: Scar tissue or swelling?  (Read 5184 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
SO,here's the thing: i'm one week post-op and one of my nipples still looks puffy(not as near as before tho). It's the same nipple that had most gland before surgery. I have a large numb area on the left side of that breast and i seem to feel something hard beneath the skin. I'm not sure if this is plain swelling or has scar tissue formed,because i dont feel any pain when i tuch the area,only numbness. Is this scar tissue symptom or possibly only swelling?

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
It sounds a little more like swelling than scar tissue.  I noticed the swelling was more numb than any scarred areas.

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Did the numbness go away with the swelling in your case?

Offline gyn10

• Posting Member
Still too early to tell anything. Wait it out. time is key

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
So everyone keeps telling me... i guess i have to get used to it ;D

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
I am almost 6 weeks post-op and have a lump underneath my left nipple.  I went in for a check-up yesterday and was told its most likely fiborous tissue and will dissipate with time.  TIME TIME TIME is what i keep getting told, haha.  I can understand your frustation because all we want is results!

Offline MSJ108

Still too early to tell anything. Wait it out. time is key

yup

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
i am 8months post op and i have lumps too on the chest who have the larger gland. im still waiting for this to go away...
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
i am 8months post op and i have lumps too on the chest who have the larger gland. im still waiting for this to go away...

Really?  What has the doctor said?  Have they at least gotten softer?  Are they causing the nipples to be puffy?

Offline MSJ108

8 mths is a long time

Offline gyn10

• Posting Member
I'm about 4 months post op. My left side looks wonderful. My right side looks good, but my nipple is a little puffy. There must be some scar tissue under there because it didn't develop until about 4-5 weeks after my surgery. I'm giving it until the end of August before I go back to my PS for a look.

Offline MSJ108

I'm about 4 months post op. My left side looks wonderful. My right side looks good, but my nipple is a little puffy. There must be some scar tissue under there because it didn't develop until about 4-5 weeks after my surgery. I'm giving it until the end of August before I go back to my PS for a look.

good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024