Author Topic: Constipation...  (Read 3713 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
did anyone get constipation after surgery due to the pain killers??
if u were constipated did the stool softeners or laxatives help u go to the bathroom??
thanks

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
I got it, but not from the painkillers. (i didn't take any pain killers because I was never in pain).  I got it from all the other drugs they stick in you during the op, i.e. the local and general anesthetic.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
did u take anything to help u go to the bathroom?? i'm 2 days post op but i'm gonna have to go thru anesthsia again today when the doc gets rid of my hematoma. it probably was the anesthesia that got me constipated cause i havent taken that many pain killers

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Didn't get constipated at all. One of the lucky few I guess....  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
My doc did in fact instruct me as well to buy some sort of softener because of the medication, I was on dilauded and oxy, he says it can definitely cause it.

I took it anyway, cuz the pain from all the lipo stitching was just too much.

Its funny tho when I got out of surgery I couldnt pee pee for like 2 hours.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
did u take anything to help u go to the bathroom?? i'm 2 days post op but i'm gonna have to go thru anesthsia again today when the doc gets rid of my hematoma. it probably was the anesthesia that got me constipated cause i havent taken that many pain killers

I didn't take anything to help me go.  The nurses suggested I drink prune juice and possibly take some of that high fibre powder stuff if it didn't ease, but it eventually did after about 3 days. 

I understand your fears though, it is somewhat disconcerting when you realise you haven't taken a crap in 3 days...it was never so bad for me that I had stomach pains however.  If it gets to that you should start taking some medication or dietary supplements.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024