Author Topic: Question for the doctors - nipple/aerola sewing  (Read 3356 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
I had my operation 5 months ago, i went to my doc, he told me that gyno is more or less gone but my nipples are still puffy too much. He mentioned there was a procedure where he sews (or stiches?, sorry bad english) the nipples/areolas. so that they aren't puffy anymore. He said, women have that kind of procedures done a lot too. Can someone please explain to me is this an invasive surgery, does it leave scars and that sort of details,because my doc didnt explain much to me. thanks!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I'm not really sure what your surgeon meant by the way you describe it.  He may have been talking about tightening the nipple/areola complex by taking out a ring of skin around it and re-stitching it.  But puffiness after gynecomastia surgery is often due to residual gland tissue.  You may have gland tissue still present that needs to be removed.

Talk to your plastic surgeon again about this.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

DrBermant

I had my operation 5 months ago, i went to my doc, he told me that gyno is more or less gone but my nipples are still puffy too much. He mentioned there was a procedure where he sews (or stiches?, sorry bad english) the nipples/areolas. so that they aren't puffy anymore. He said, women have that kind of procedures done a lot too. Can someone please explain to me is this an invasive surgery, does it leave scars and that sort of details,because my doc didnt explain much to me. thanks!

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.  Asking your own doctor to better explain something you do not understand makes much more sense than asking on a forum.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean.  Options depend on the problem to be treated which we help patients explore during a consultation or a Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=15891.msg110546#msg110546 date=1223847123]
I'm not really sure what your surgeon meant by the way you describe it.  He may have been talking about tightening the nipple/areola complex by taking out a ring of skin around it and re-stitching it.  But puffiness after gynecomastia surgery is often due to residual gland tissue.  You may have gland tissue still present that needs to be removed.

Talk to your plastic surgeon again about this.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

He said there was no gland left, and it was just empty space,so he would stich it. he didnt mention removing skin..hm.

I will tqalk about this with him but i have a next meeting next month.

I still feel something that could be gland/scar tissue behing the empty space of the puffy areola,but he told me if the areola was empty it was ok? ???

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024