Author Topic: 4 1/2 months, still puffy  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Senor_Bebop

Ok i know this topic comes up a lot but i haven't found the answer i've been looking for.  I'm around 4 1/2 months post op.  My nips are no longer sensitive to touch (which seemed like it took forever).  They are, however, still a bit puffy (though not quite as much) and they feel like there is still tissue in there.  I figured it was scar tissue and judging by the comments on this site I was right.  I was just wondering if this will eventually go away over time?  I just want them to be flat.  Is there anything i can do to help break down the scar tissue?  I've heard rubbing it helps break it down.  Is there anything else i can do?

The only other thing is my scar on my right nipple is a little more noticable than i'd like it to be.  I put Mederma on it 2-3 times a day but it still hasn't gotten to where i'd like it to.  Any thoughts on that as well?

Thanks a bunch.

Offline booty_frijoles

• Posting Member
hey I don't know about your other questions, but I wanted to let u know mederma works great! I used it on a scar I had on my forhead and i've been putting it on a few times just about everyday for 2 months and the scar is almost gone. I'm not too sure about the nipple area but you gotta wait to see the results with mederma

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Hey Senor,

I'm in the same position as you.  Except I'm only about 2 1/2 months into recovery.  My nipples aren't as puffy as they used to be, but the skin around them protrudes a little bit and causes them to stick out just a little.  But to me, this is noticeable because I've spent years being very critical of my chest, which makes recovery that much harder.

Just give it time, the scar tissue will decrease.  Rubbing may help, just don't do it too hard.  They say to give it a full year to see full results.  At 6 months things should start shaping up and looking better.  Maybe even sooner.

I think Mederma may be a wise choice to help get rid of the pink skin where the scarring is.  I don't think it should hurt anything.  But I will tell you that the scarring shouldn't take a real long time to go away anyhow.  But it really depends on how big the incisions were in the first place.  Again, at the half year mark the scarring should be gone or almost gone.

Time is on your side buddy.  Just let nature run its course and try to stay sane and positive.  You're really going to have to be patient now.  It only gets worse before it gets better!  Just try to make milestones or take progress photos every month.  I take photos and my first milestone is being able to wear medium sized t-shirts instead large shirts with no fear!  And I'm not even fat.  My next milestone will be small shirts.

Keep your head up and don't become victim to the worrying and apprehension some of these other guys go through during recovery.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Senor_Bebop

Ok that makes me feel a whole lot better.  I've just been waiting for so long for this crap to go away and right now it is definatly better than it used to be.  But it's not how i want it yet, and it just makes it frustrating.  And im in the same boat as you, im a thin guy, so it just makes me think its that much more noticable. 

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Every little bit helps.

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
Dude dont worry, im 4months post-op and i can still feel scar tissue. And im young and fit (i thought i would heal faster)! But ow well, give it up to a year for results ... depends on the person (:

But seriously dont worry, you've lived with gyne for x amount of years, -1 year off your life isnt going to matter when you know somethings been done and it will get much better :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024