Author Topic: Need a Dr./Expert whats wrong with my nipple?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline creator8

• Posting Member
Hello,

I had my surgery about a 1.5 yrs ago, I have showed these pics to my doctor. Everytime I see him (about 10 times since op) he talks me out of doing anything about it.  He tells me that he cant see anything wrong, and that theres nothing he can do. Apparently its cold in his office and my nipples look different when im there. When my body temp is warm the nipple looks like it does in the pics.

I would like another opinion from another doctor, What is exactly the medical reason the nipple creases? I feel a slight depression in the area where
the crease is. How could this be fixed? Is it a simple revision the doctor just doesnt want to bother with?
I could not believe that out of the 1000's of surgerys he does a year, I was the one out of a thousand that went wrong. He just wont accept that.
The surgery cost $7,500. I feel like I rather have the boobs back. Im very frustrated and need help.

Please your help is greatly appreciated,

creator8

Offline user87

• Silver Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Because it is yourself,  I think you are not seeing things objectively but that what you see has become exagerated in your opinion of yourself.

As an unbiased observer, I see nothing worth getting worked up over.
Grandpa Dan

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Great result.  Don't worry about a small crease.  You can't even see it in the side by side photos, and I'm sure no one else notices.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Hello,

I feel like I rather have the boobs back. 

creator8

Somehow I doubt that.  How soon some people forget how unhappy they were with gynecomastia.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I feel like I rather have the boobs back.

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=16001.msg111296#msg111296 date=1224903286]
Somehow I doubt that.  How soon some people forget how unhappy they were with gynecomastia.[/quote]

Doctor Pope is right dude. I would take a 'slight crease' in my areola over m(o)(o)bs any day of the week. You have to have 'Realistic Expectations' of surgery results. We should strive for 'improvement' rather than 'perfection'. The human body is far from perfect!

You look okay to me dude... Just chill at tad... Me thinks you are getting your shorts in a bind over something very minor.

GB 
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
I would agree with Dr. Pope and the others. Yes there is a crease there, but really we are our own worst critics and probably focus more on it. Could you do something about it? possibly - but i don't know that for one it would necessarily be worth it or that it would get better. Personally, I think you have a good result, and sometimes when gland is removed, you can develop some scarring under the areola that tethers it down. I suppose if you are really fixated on it, let your doctor know or seek a second opinion locally.

Offline kanzoe23

• Posting Member
I have the same problem . I had two crease on my areola. One above the nipple and one below. The one above went away in about 1.5 month . The one below the nipple is sill there. Right above the incision .. I dont feel a scar but its there. When i stretch it it goes away and it doesnt require much force to make it go away. I just wonder if anybody had that problem and that would it go away with working out (because i am thinking a muscles can help stretch out) . I been working out and the top crease went away but it could be just because i am healing and it filled up with fluid (since i had anohter surgery for a hematoma that now its fully healed) I am 2.5 month post op btw. Any doctors input on this would be highly appreciated.

Offline kanzoe23

• Posting Member
when you try to stretch your skin does the crease go away totally? i hope you can answer this question for me

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024