Author Topic: could a surgeon or anyone look at this and tell me if its normal post surgery?  (Read 3172 times)

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
well first off let me say that directly after the surgery (first few days) my chest looked absolutely wonderful. it was flat, it looked how I envisioned it to be once I would be gyne-free. My surgeon explained that he left a slight amount of the tissue behind because all men naturally have small levels of tissue. Anyway, after the surgery it did not look evident that i had any tissue at all and that my chest had made a complete 360.

Now i'm 3 weeks post op and my chest scares me. it feels and looks like my gyne still exists but to a slighter extent.

HERE are my pre-op photos:

here is some POST-op 3 weeks (today): notice the nipples seem to sag and bulge in oval shaped segments ?
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image104ux0.jpg
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/1975/image106xn1.jpg
http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image109pf1.jpg
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image107hq3.jpg

now let me say that these bulges did not appear the first couple days after surgery! my chest was so flat! and i do not think it possible for gland to grow in 3 weeks to look like it does right now? could anyone help me understand why it looks like this and if it will ever eventually go away? it's causing much stress :(

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
It's still very early days.  Your chest will eventually look like how it was straight after surgery but this stuff takes time to heal.  You'll most likely have some scar tissue and slight swelling still, which will cause bumps and unevenness.

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Is this all? I'm just so worried about why it looks like this when it hadn't started out that way, it feels like my boobs are back but in a smaller form.

aghhhh it's mentally tiring.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Is this all? I'm just so worried about why it looks like this when it hadn't started out that way, it feels like my boobs are back but in a smaller form.

aghhhh it's mentally tiring.

I feel the same way dude, just like 30 mins ago I took my first post op shower....my left chest looks amazing, but my right one looks eh....it has like a boob effect still....but when I touch it, I feel like liquid under there and its swollen...so far I am happy with my results but I hope it gets better once the months progress. My chest look really huge lol now, I guess since its swollen and all.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
 it's not flat chest.. but definitely improvement is there ..if I compare image106xn1.jpg with pre-op pic, it's a significant improvement.. however  front-side pics still seem to suggest that some little bit swelling is there around your nipple.
Did you ask your doctor whether it's swelling or scar tissue? or gland?

Offline MrHappy

• Posting Member
i am going through the same exact thing. its very depressing, because 2nd day after surgery my chest was SOOO FLAT and looked real muscular, now i am about 2 1/2 weeks post op and my chest seems like its re-forming my gyne. but i called my PS today and he had me come in to take a look and re-asured me its just really really swollen and should subside within 6-12 weeks. at this second it doesnt look the nicest because its bulging out again and you can see my nips through my shirt, and it sucks because right after surgery it looked amazing. but i guess this is all part of the process and im really hoping i dont need revision because i cant afford it! but keep your head up man, i know it sucks and i should prob take this advice to myself as well haha.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Did you guys wear a compression vest and if so, for how long ?  Did you massage the scar tissue ?

I am 2 weeks post-op and my chest has barely changed since. My PS told me to wear the vest for 6 weeks and do nothing but walk from point A to point B.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024