Author Topic: 1mth post-op  (Read 1888 times)

Offline rogers2k8

Its been exactly one month since I got my surgery done. I just got a couple questions

1.) It looks like my areola are a bit caved, does this usually fix itself on its own over time or is this something that has to be corrected through surgery?

2.) On my right areola, it seems like I have a horizontal fold on the lower part of the areola, again, does this fix itself over time or is surgery the only way to fix it?

3.) At the present time, my chest feels a bit tender. I don't feel any pain but when you touch or press against my chest, it definitely feels different. Is this a normal effect from the surgery?

I had tissue removed and then lipo if this helps in getting some answers for the questions I asked.

I will post some pre-op and post op pics soon.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:53:03 AM by rogers2k8 »

DrBermant

Its been exactly one month since I got my surgery done. I just got a couple questions

1.) It looks like my areola are a bit caved, does this usually fix itself on its own over time or is this something that has to be corrected through surgery?

2.) On my right areola, it seems like I have a horizontal fold on the lower part of the areola, again, does this fix itself over time or is surgery the only way to fix it?

3.) At the present time, my chest feels a bit tender. I don't feel any pain but when you touch or press against my chest, it definitely feels different. Is this a normal effect from the surgery?

I had tissue removed and then lipo if this helps in getting some answers for the questions I asked.

I will post some pre-op and post op pics soon.

1 month can be early after surgery with some techniques. 

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors. 

Injured nerves can result in numbness to different degrees.  Nerves can become hypersensitive during healing.

Such issues are better discussed with your surgeon or someone who can advise you about your options.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024