Author Topic: NEED advice quick!  (Read 1857 times)

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
hey... so 3 days after i got the drains out.. was out with some friends.. this one guy knows about my surgery but he has an issue with hitting people for some reason? so yesterday he hits me in the chest... now there is definitely fluid in there! my chest is sore.. its like pre-op now (the size). i dont know what i should do? i have an appointment with my dr on wednesday morning... hes supposed to drain any fluid if any builds up.. my chest is sore carrying this around.

i dont know what i should do?

a) wait till wednesday and have my dr do it (maybe tape up my chest so its tighter and wont hurt when i move?)
b)go to the hospital and get them do drain it (would they?)

help is greatly appreciated

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
its ok if there is fluid build up in your chest. it wont harden for a long time, it should basically form a hematoma inside. i had several of those, and i dont know if it was in my best interest, but i put alot of pressure on them, and burst them inside so the blood would spurt. lol, sounds disgusting, but ive talked to my surgeon about it and he said it was fine.

i had to get fluid build up taken out two weeks after my surgery, and only about 10cc came out. the swelling will take some time. i had quite a bit taken out, dimensions were 7 cm x 7 cm x 1.5cm of fat, and gland, and the swelling will get worse before it gets better.

just relax and wait til wednesday. i would definitely wrap it up, tightly with a tensor, or some other kind of bandage, then wear an under armour, or tight shirt on top. it will help keep the swelling down.

enjoy!

Offline confused_satisfaction

• Bronze Member
yea that is pretty nasty haha

i ended up going to the hospital.. there was a lot of fluid build up... it wasnt bad yesterday.. well, i noticed it last night when i got home. at the hospital they took out about 300 ml of blood in total.... the nurse said it was the most shes seen. i have a tensor wraped around my chest now, hoping it doesnt keep bleeding.

so the blood will typically go away after a while? like if you have a smaller amount

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024