Author Topic: How can I hide after surgery?  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I am scheduled to have surgery soon and basically no one except God me and YOU knows about my gyne.

Basically once the surgery is done I am planning to take a taxi home.

I live with my family and I am going to use a sicky as an excuse. I will take a week or 2 off uni until I can fully walk around

Would the drains (If any) be too obvious?

Basically I wanted some info on what I can do to hide the surgery once I come home.

Did anyone else succesfully hide theirs from their family?
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline nikolas

• Posting Member
I think hiding it would be sort of difficult for the first two days. Its not so much you can't hide the drains because you can stuff them under the vest. The problem is the first few days you are noticeably sort of out of it...you can't move normally, the drains restrict your movements, you will feel uncomfortable, and I felt a bit anxious. It was helpful to have someone help me out the first two days. If you must hide it however I would suggest you tell them you came down with the flu and stay in your room in bed as you should. Don't try to pretend you are normal because that might affect a speedy recovery.

Offline dwightschrute00

What are your reasons for wanting to hide it from them (obviously this is personal and you don't have to answer me)? I remember telling my parents about my gynecomastia back in 9th grade and it was one of the emotionally hardest things I've ever forced myself to do, but they were very supportive and it was a huge feeling of relief knowing they were behind me. I suppose if you really really want to hide it you could just say you had a few cysts, moles, etc removed from your chest? I recommend saying at least something though, because if anyone decides to randomly give you a playful jab in the chest or purple nurple it'll hurt like hell and could cause complications.

Offline gat092

• Posting Member
I hid it completely; not a single person ever found out. I hired a nurse to pick me up from the doctor's office (they wouldn't release me alone) and then she rode with me in the taxi and I got out alone at my hotel.  In my opinion, the first two days you shouldn't be "out of it" unless you had general anesthesia.  I did not have drains, but the toughest part was hiding the vest -- hopefully you live in an area with cold weather?

DrBermant

I am scheduled to have surgery soon and basically no one except God me and YOU knows about my gyne.

Basically once the surgery is done I am planning to take a taxi home.

I live with my family and I am going to use a sicky as an excuse. I will take a week or 2 off uni until I can fully walk around

Would the drains (If any) be too obvious?

Basically I wanted some info on what I can do to hide the surgery once I come home.

Did anyone else succesfully hide theirs from their family?

One of the best ways to "hide" after surgery is by using techniques that have less Swelling and Bruising after Gynecomastia Surgery and maximize Comfort after Male Breast Reduction.  Drains can be quite obvious, something I rarely need but sometimes are essential.  Try to find early pictures after your doctor's surgery to see what typical evolution of tissues look like.

However, all surgery is an injury process.  It is a question of degree.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Best of luck there dude!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Yeah I am planning on saying that I have a very bad flu and will stay locked up in my room for at least a couple of days.

I havent told any of my freinds or family members as they will just play it off. The reason that I am trying to hide it is because my parents arent very supporting so it will be better if they did not know.

Yeah its pretty cold in Birmingham, its snowing now!!!!

Thanks Dr Bermant, I will discuss my options with Levick and how is the best possible way to hide it.

Yeah thanks Bambu!!!

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Lol, Well my friend I had surgery like 3 weeks ago and just like you I had to hide it. Only me, my brother, u guys here and the surgeon knew I got the surgery. Its been 3 weeks since and no one has figured it out. I had the surgery and went home by taxi, I walked into the house looking normal and as casual as always. I watched a movie, but had trouble getting up so my dad was like "What are you hiding?" I was like "UGh, what?" (I thought he figured it out)...but I think he thought I got injured at the gym. One thing I would advise u on is not to stay in your room too much, I did this mistake and my mom kept saying "Your hiding something, I dont know what but I know you are" lol if only she knew hehehe... So every now and then go out of ur room, but its hard...I was able to pull it off thank god.! good luck
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Don't worry Hope, I won't tell anyone.  I promise.

;)
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024