Author Topic: Will my areolas shrink? PLEASE leave feedback  (Read 4999 times)

Offline russ306

• Posting Member
I'm 3 months post op. still a little tender to the touch. Will my areolas shrink anymore cause they are bigger than what my ps said i would end up with.
here are my photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35098417@N04/?saved=1
Please give me your advice

DrBermant

I'm 3 months post op. still a little tender to the touch. Will my areolas shrink anymore cause they are bigger than what my ps said i would end up with.
here are my photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35098417@N04/?saved=1
Please give me your advice

How much areola shrink depends on the original problem, what was done, the nature of the tissues, a balance of forces of the chest skin on the areola, and many other factors. 

In Male Areola Reduction Surgery, the smallest size is at the time of surgery.  In that example the original surgeon used dissolvable sutures.  Once they dissolved, the forces of the chest pulled the areola to an obscene size over the next several months.  Even with permanent sutures, there can be some increase in size as the forces pulling the areola can be tremendous.

In Puffy Nipple Reduction Gynecomastia Surgery, the shrinkage is immediate: at the time of surgery as you can see on the many examples posted.  Check in particular the evolution of tissues on the examples I posted. 

I rarely use an areola reduction for my patients.  Such surgery is a compromise best discussed before the operation.  However, in some circumstances like in Skin Reduction Male Mastopexy Chest Lift, there are few options.  That last example balances the chest skin forces on the areola without permanent under skin sutures.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline newlife

• Posting Member
Dude, you look great. Stop worrying - there is nothing to worry about. Everything is cool.
 :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024