Author Topic: Progression on Healing: Input from all of you who have had Surgery  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Mangina

• Posting Member
I was just curious about the differences from any of you who have had surgery.  How were your results apperance and feeling wise from about 1 month post-op to 3 months post-op.

Did you tighten or flaten out more as your healing progressed?  How long did you notice "pain" or movement restriction?

My main concern is the tightening.  I think I look fine, but was just wondering if I will continue to tighten up all over or not.

Any input will be appreciated by all, I assume.

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Im at a bit over 2 months post op now, and things have definitely tightened up. My pecs (I dont work out at all btw, im 6' straight and about 90kg) are actually becoming more visible, and when I wear a shirt it looks like I got a decent chest. Kudos to fielding for not taking out all of the fat, leaving a bit in turned out great. There is still a lump of scar tissue under the nipples making it pop out a bit and look a bit puffy; however if you look at my thread with before pics, you will see that slightly puffy nipples (not the kind people get the surgery for, but just slightly puffy) is nothing compared to before. As for movement restriction, for about a good month I couldnt raise my left arm fully due to the pain. I basically just started stretching it a bit daily, and now Im pretty much back to where I was. At the most extreme theres a tiny bit of discomfort in the lower chest, but I never need to stretch that far.

Offline Mangina

• Posting Member
Thanks for your input furious (love your screen name  :D).

Anyhow, that's what I had hoped to hear, and am finding it to be the case with myself too.

Here is my current experience:

I am now beginning my 8th week post op, and my left pec. is still the most sore of all.  I had more taken out on my left side, hence more scar tissue and I'm also the most resticed as far as movement.  Especially when I raise my arms up.  My left pec. is "tighter" as far as the muscle feels.  I do workout a lot and lift very heavy when I go to the gym.  I haven't started back just yet, but I have been given the OK from my Dr.  At times, my chest and mostly around the nipple area feel really loose, then the next day it will be 100% tighter.  I guess this is due to the healing cycle and the scar tissue moving around and going away.

Where are your before and after pics, furious?  Here is a thread I posted with my procedure:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16973.0

Offline furiousgeorge

• Posting Member
Hey those before and after pics look awsome, I know you said in that thread that you think a bit more of gland could be removed but to me you look normal - and normal is perfect! Ill link my before, Ill retake the after because my webcam was really blurry in my after pics (didnt realize you had to adjust the focus a bit depending on how far you were, never had a webcam like that before)

Heres before:

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/da48dc238626b519.jpg.html
http://www.photodump.com/Guest/786adc91032b059b.jpg.html

see how sortof conical they are? I had ALOT of gland.

Heres after:

http://www.photodump.com/Guest/9031271cb3d94990.jpg.html

Wow just looking between the 2, I still have a hard time getting used to the fact that I had those honking breasts not so long ago now that I dont.

Im a bit over 2 months post op now, and really happy with the results (my nipples are still a bit pointy, but thats because theres this buildup of scar tissue where the incision was made, its should go away after a while). I mean if you look at before, I could barely wear a shirt without these frigging madonna cones sticking out, now Its perfectly fine. I havent worked out (my belly gives it away!) but plan to once I move back home in a couple weeks, and if not hitting up the gym just get a pullup bar to use at home along with some weights just to do something instead of nothing.

Funny coincidence my left pec is the one that I feel real tightness around the muscle (actually its just along where the muscle connects to the chest in this L shape, the | being near the middle of the chest and the _ being a few cm's below the nipple). It has got ALOT better, I just try stretching every day even if its just while in my computer chair.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Up until about a month ago I still had slightly puffy nipples where the scar was, but that has pretty much gone now.

Offline Mangina

• Posting Member
Up until about a month ago I still had slightly puffy nipples where the scar was, but that has pretty much gone now.

When did you have your surgery?

Offline cecly

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024