Author Topic: Inverted nipple  (Read 3532 times)

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
I am 3 weeks post surgery.  I My right breast has somewhat of an inverted nipple.  Is that something that can "heal."  My left breast looked similar, but it disappeared at about the 2 week mark?  My left breast looks pretty good right now, and my right - not so good. 

For those of you who have recovered from surgery, did you find that your breasts healed pretty similarly to one another, or is it common for each breast to do its own thing at its own pace?

Banobo

Hi super duty, i'm post op 2 weeks so i'm not quite clued up on how things work exactly but i have weird stuff going on and changing constantly. My right nipple seems a little distorted more so when i tense slighty, as if it sucks in so to speak, the past 2 days have been up and down but i bought bio oil. It's meant to be really good for scar tissue and skin differences, since i started using it, rubbing it into all the little imperfections it doesn't look so bad. Also any swelling that goes on around the nipple area, i think can make the nipple look a wee bit inverted. I'm no doctor but the other day i was freaking out over it all and decided to post my worries on this site. Some helpfull folk helped put my mind at ease and since then the stuff i was worrying about has settled a little.
  My point is exactly what they said, it's very early days so try not to worry man, i'd try the bio oil though, massaging it into your chest and try to break down all the dodgy bits it might help!

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
what is bio oil?

DrBermant

I am 3 weeks post surgery.  I My right breast has somewhat of an inverted nipple.  Is that something that can "heal."  My left breast looked similar, but it disappeared at about the 2 week mark?  My left breast looks pretty good right now, and my right - not so good. 

For those of you who have recovered from surgery, did you find that your breasts healed pretty similarly to one another, or is it common for each breast to do its own thing at its own pace?
3 weeks is very early after surgery for some techniques.  Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery come in all different sizes and shapes.  Male Inverted Nipples complication after gynecomastia surgery is one variation. That last link is to a primary inverted nipple from gynecomastia itself.  I have seen such gynecomastia surgery complications from other doctors when the nipple skin is adherent to deeper structures.  Sometimes the problem is temporary from residual swelling.  Usually there is scar from the nipple to deeper structures or missing support.

I use my Fat Flap Surgery to build support under the nipple to both prevent such problems and as part of a solution to reconstruct surgical defects. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024