Author Topic: Swelling question  (Read 3880 times)

Offline herbie verschmels

• Posting Member
Hey guys, i have been an avid reader of this site for about a year now and finally had surgery in college station, tx on may 15th. However, after 4 weeks, the swelling has slightly (and i mean very slightly) reduced, and my chest still sorta looks the same. My nipples seem puffy when i look at it. I know many of you say it is normal, but i guess its hard to believe since it's actually happening to me. Since i work out a lot, i have a lot of muscle in my chest, so my chest will naturally protrude. So what do you guys think? I still have to wear my compression shirt (thanks to whomever suggested underworks) until june 26th, so i have a few more weeks to go.

Thanks for all of your comments/threads on this board, it made my life-altering decision much easier to make.

Offline wickedturbo

• Posting Member
your only wearing a compression shirt? not a compression vest? that may be your problem if so. have you been working out or doing heavy exercise that may cause some swelling

• Posting Member
yeah my doctor told me all i needed was an under armour tshirt, and i decided to get something stronger than that :(

• Posting Member
yes he only did lipo. I didn't have that much to begin with, but it was quite noticeable

GynO_DuDe

Lipo doesn't remove gland my friend ... Puffy nipples = gland, and gland is excised out with a scalpel.

Go in the 'Ask Doctors Section' and copy & paste your thread mate, and watch the replies you get from the top US Surgeons.

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
is it normal or ok if gona start workout 6 weeks post op, and with swelling in nipple?

• Posting Member
sheldon i wouldn't work out at all until doctor says so.

Oh and good news! I went to my doctor yesterday (4 week check up), and he said that i am progressing very well and he withdrew a lot of old blood that had been building up and my chest looks much more natural. My chest sitcks out because i have a lot of chest muscle, so i was worried, but it looks much better now! ;D

I cannot wait for all swelling and bruising to go down over the next 6 months!

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
sheldon i wouldn't work out at all until doctor says so.

Oh and good news! I went to my doctor yesterday (4 week check up), and he said that i am progressing very well and he withdrew a lot of old blood that had been building up and my chest looks much more natural. My chest sitcks out because i have a lot of chest muscle, so i was worried, but it looks much better now! ;D

I cannot wait for all swelling and bruising to go down over the next 6 months!
 how long does it takes for the swelling to completely stop?
i know its only a a week after my surgery and i would say mine looks ok, knowing that the swelling will go down. i do want it to be alot more flatter then now by the time it completely heal. i got excision and lipo, i told the doctor i want it completely flat. he told me he took out 300 cc in total.  i can feel some part getting hard.
so for all of you, thats been over a few month post OP, how long was it when the majority of the swelling disapears??
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:21:48 PM by Nightmare »

• Posting Member
swelling takes about 9-12 months to go down (at least that's what i was told

Offline Nightmare

• Posting Member
thats a long time.

Offline MX

• Posting Member
My doc said I'm gOing to have swelling for up to four weeks and I'm also just wearing a compression shirt. I asked my doctor if it was needed and he said it was not. So far my results have been good

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Any doctor that only says you need a shirt instead of a vest obviously doesn't have a clue.

A 'vest', per say, is not absolutely necessary... as long as you have some form of compression (compression shirt) you'll be okay...   Vest/Shirt... same shyte my man!  ;)

Swelling subsiding depends on several factors and could last for several months....

Be patient...  if you have not fully healed after a full year post-op, then I suggest consulting your PS.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024