Author Topic: Post-op compression vests  (Read 2496 times)

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
So, I have my surgery in about a month with Dr. Haugrud in Calgary. However, his post-op style is a little different: 1) he uses drains, which are removed a few days post-surgery, and 2) he doesn't recommend wearing compression vests post-op. Now, I'm considering just buying one and wearing it regardless (cant hurt, right?); I've heard they're fairly necessary from the majority of people on here.

Does anyone have an information on which compression vest should be worn post-op? For how many days they are worn? And for how many hours per day?

I currently wear this compression vest on a day-to-day basis (#978, V-neck):
http://www.underworks.com/998.html

Is this the type of vest that is recommended? Could I just continue wearing this post-op for a determined amount of time?

Thanks!!

GynO_DuDe

As Giantfan said ... im more than suprised that he doesnt recommend compression vests, have you asked why? and as above, is he performing LIPO only?

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
No no. He's doing excision only. My body fat % isn't overly high, 11%-ish, and he told me during consultation that it's mostly gland — which is fairly accurate, my chest is mainly comprised of muscle and gland.

The thing is, he does a lot of these types of operations, and it's covered by Alberta Health Care (bonus). And from what people on this board have written, he seems to know what he's doing, and does a good job. 

The only only thing that differs in his methods is the lack of compression vest. He said it was unnecessary during my consultation, as he uses drains to remove any excess fluid buildup after the surgery. Then, anywhere from a few to 7 days post-surgery he removes the drains.

I, however, am contemplating using the vest regardless. I mean, it cant hurt, right? Is anybody able to answer my initial questions regarding what vest, and for how long?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024