Author Topic: Doc says no workout until 6 wks post op. Websites say 3-4. When can I start?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
I had gyno surgery about 5 weeks ago. So far, I'm healing nicely. No more pain in the areas, the scars are looking nice, and although my chest is still slightly swollen, I'm all around happy. But, I was an extremely active person before the surgery (Kung Fu, Show choir, mountian biking ever week, full daily workout) and I'm going flippin insane not being able to do these things. My bicepts and abs have deflated, and I'm embarrassed to take off my shirt (which is kind of ironic considering I got this surgery so I could take my shirt off.) The doc says don't lift anything more than five pounds (and no weights at all, no matter the weight) for 6 weeks after the surgery. The doc says I can't even ride my bike, because steering the bike uses my arms, and no running because he doesn't want my body bouncing at all.  First off, can I do sit ups? Do sit ups work the area of the surgery? I was under the impression that they don't. When will I be able to return to push ups/sit ups/pull ups/etc.? Do I really have to wait the full six weeks? Every website I've visited advises returning to normal activity within a month of surgery. I had lipo with excision, and the gyno was not too bad. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks.

BCG

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Different surgeons have different post-op regimens.  Would recommend you follow your own surgeon's advice -- two more weeks of inactivity won't make a significant difference. 

Once you are healed, you can hit the gym and just think -- you will have the rest of your life to catch up (and you will) -- but with (hopefully) a great looking chest.

Be patient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024