Author Topic: The doctor said me that I don't need compression t-shirt and drains...  (Read 2682 times)

Offline element

I've operated today and for now, but the doctor said me that  I don't need compression t-shirt and  drains ...

Is this normal? To not have any belt or drains?

First I had a liposuction, then I removed the gland below the nipple, I had almost fat, the gland had was quite large, I'm 1. 85 and weight 74kg I'm thin and I was never fat

The surgeon is very good I'm told doctors that I know and have a huge waiting list and that d q is private and quite expensive ... About Euro 5000 and something ...

Sorry for my google english..

Regards

Offline ThisSucks15

• Posting Member
hey man, i just had my surgery on friday and the doctor said the same thing to me.
all i have are two foam sticker things on each chest to keep pressure on them to reduce swelling.
All i had was a excision(jsu the puffy nipple) and he said that he didnt excpect that there would be much swelling so he said i didn't need one.

hope that helps

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Every surgeon has his own routines for what, in his experience, has worked best for his patients.  If you checked out your surgeon and he had satisfied patients, then stay with his recommended routine.  There are very few black and whites in surgery -- many techniques will get you to a good result.

As for me, I do believe in firm pressure after surgery -- and encourage my patients to wear compression garments at least 3-4 weeks -- and longer if they can do it.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I've operated today and for now, but the doctor said me that  I don't need compression t-shirt and  drains ...

Is this normal? To not have any belt or drains?

First I had a liposuction, then I removed the gland below the nipple, I had almost fat, the gland had was quite large, I'm 1. 85 and weight 74kg I'm thin and I was never fat

The surgeon is very good I'm told doctors that I know and have a huge waiting list and that d q is private and quite expensive ... About Euro 5000 and something ...

Sorry for my google english..

Regards

Each surgeon has his / her own methods. I rarely use drains after my gynecomastia surgery. It turns out that my patients need a drain every 1 to 3 years with my techniques.  I use After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garments to achieve my patients Comfort after Male Breast Reduction and to minimize their Swelling and Bruising after Surgery. These are all important factors that permit me to post such early after surgery pictures which are typical for my patients. Trying to find how a doctor's results look so early after surgery can be quite difficult since many doctors do not show such photos because of the swelling and bruising. You can sometimes find such images here in the forums.  That can be one of the powerful tools in posting Standard After Male Breast Reduction Surgery Pictures. and letting others know how many and what type pain medication you needed after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
Dr Jacob,
you mentioned that you suggest patient to wear compression garments for at least 3-4 weeks  .would it be more beneficial if I wear it for longer? what's the recommended period to get maximum benefit from compression vest?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I recommend wearing a compression garment for 3-4 weeks at a minimum.  It is a pain in the neck to wear -- I know that -- but it is very important for the final result.

If you can wear it longer, say 6 or even 8 weeks, it can only help -- it cannot hurt at all.

If your return to the gym and do not wear the compression garment while exercising, you may experience some swelling.  Then wear the garment again for a few hours after returning home from the gym -- it will help.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024