Author Topic: Sleeveless compression vest  (Read 2305 times)

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
when would I be able to wear a Sleeveless compression vest comfortably after surgery

DrBermant

when would I be able to wear a Sleeveless compression vest comfortably after surgery

I put my patients in their Sleeveless Compression Vest in the operating room right after surgery. We fit our patients for both their first and second stage vests before the operation. This vest is a factor in helping our patients' Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery.  The first stage vest is where we start. The second stage would be too dangerous to wear on early healing tissues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline wantnewlife

• Silver Member
thanks Doctor. when one can start wearing the second stage compression vest comfortably.. if you could give some time approximately..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:45:41 PM by wantnewlife »

DrBermant

thanks Doctor. when one can start wearing the second stage compression vest comfortably.. if you could give some time approximately..

Time to wearing second stage compression depends on the original problem, what was done, after surgery issues, and many other factors. I prefer to advise my patients individually on such issues. By trying on the garment before surgery, they get a chance to experience the trauma putting this garment on can create. That education is critical in my opinion to help protect early healing tissues. I have had a rare patient who tries the second stage early with help from others to protect the chest, but that process scares me and my concerns over protecting healing tissues. Once the initial healing takes place, then second stage compression can help with scar evolution.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024