Author Topic: post surgery precautions-please help  (Read 1611 times)

Offline regularguy

• Posting Member
  • Gyne removed surgically March 2010
hi guys

i'll be off to my gyne op in 2 days' time. as i live alone, i hope you guys who have been through the op share some post surgery tips with me please.

i plan to go back to work on monday, is the pain bearable?

i read that standing up from bed with a compression vest might be a little challenging. is it true? can i wear a backpack post surgery to work? how mobile am i? should i have a friend stay with me a few days to watch on me?

other things to look out for will be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much.

rg

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
I had Eliot in NYC -- worth the extra money. Used twilight anesthesia, not general. More like a heavy colonoscopy. Did lipo with a special instrument that gets gland, too. And damn if it didn't. Anyway, pain -- not too bad at all. I stayed in a hotel room and went to sleep afterwards with some Tylenol-plus. Sleeping on my back was hard, did some of it on my side. No other choice. Next day I hurt. Probably would not have gone into work. But the vest garment they give you is good. Had a script for Tylenol with Codene but never used it. You are more uncomfortable and a little immobile for a day or two than in serious PAIN. You can hack it easily. Trust me. I'd rather do this kind of pain than have a bad flu for a week. Of course is someone smacks you in the chest, you ain't gonna like it. But still, pre-surgery anxiety will be the biggest deal. And once you are through that you'll wonder like most of on here why you didn't do it years ago.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024