Author Topic: Post op question!  (Read 4011 times)

Offline fugyno9

• Posting Member
Whats up guys im 22 6feet 185 had puberty induced gynecomastia, im currently 5th day post op... Drains removed off all pain meds as of 3 days ago i feel great! Only thing is the doc gave me this compression vest that you have to put 2 rubber square pieces under the vest that bulks out and is extremly noticable(for 6 weeks!!!).. job requires me to wear tighter fitting shirts and just cant wear this anyone know a website for a compression vest so i dont have to put these busty pieces in? would spandex work? or am i stuck with this buldge for a month and half? any info appreciated thank you ??? ??? ::) :-\

Offline mediaguy28

• Posting Member
Im in the same boat. Im 4 days post op and as I had my stomach done along with my gyne, I have two big pieces of foam on my chest and one big one across my stomach. Its like body armour. I have to go to work tuesday, but unlike you I can hopefully get away with an oversized shirt. Its still going to be noticable. Maybe I'll tell folks at work I was getting death threats and am wearing a bullet broof vest lol

It is my understanding that the foam is to prevent waves and ripples in your skin.  You might want to confirm that with your doc that you need the foam for the full 6 weeks. I know each doc is different but i can take the foam out after 10 days then just wear the compression.  Then after 2 weeks I can wear spanx during the day and the compression vest at night. Curious if anyone else has any insight.

DrBermant

Whats up guys im 22 6feet 185 had puberty induced gynecomastia, im currently 5th day post op... Drains removed off all pain meds as of 3 days ago i feel great! Only thing is the doc gave me this compression vest that you have to put 2 rubber square pieces under the vest that bulks out and is extremly noticable(for 6 weeks!!!).. job requires me to wear tighter fitting shirts and just cant wear this anyone know a website for a compression vest so i dont have to put these busty pieces in? would spandex work? or am i stuck with this buldge for a month and half? any info appreciated thank you ??? ??? ::) :-\

Over the counter spandex is terrible at after surgery compression.

After surgery care is designed to optimize After Gynecomastia Surgery bruising and swelling. Different surgical techniques need methods of compensation. I do not like the rubber foam pad system for my own patients. The foam gets in the way, difficult to apply, and can show. I evolved my surgical sculpture so that my patients could return to activities at the earliest possible times and hide their recovery. For my patients the Gynecomastia Dressing is then protected with a After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garment.  I use gauze pads to fill the voids where the fabric of the garment is not applying sufficient pressure to the valleys and dips in the chest contour. Eventually a Second Stage Compression Garment helps with the evolution of scars, but this garment does not look surgical.

Each doctor has his / her own methods. Picking the after surgery care method is part of picking your surgeon. Varying a doctor's plans puts the results in jeopardy. Your doctor should be able to explain the whys of their particular solution and the specifics / what can be varied.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline fugyno9

• Posting Member
Thnx doc my next post op is in 5 days ill bring it up with him then, you or - were my 1st two choices (hands down the best)  but the travel to united states was a little much, although im pleased with my results. Thank you for the info !
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:44:45 PM by Forum Adm »

DrBermant

Thnx doc my next post op is in 5 days ill bring it up with him then, you or - were my 1st two choices (hands down the best)  but the travel to united states was a little much, although im pleased with my results. Thank you for the info !

You are quite welcome. Good luck on your recovery!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024