Author Topic: Do's and Dont's post op  (Read 2048 times)

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
Hey everyone Ive got my op next week (thursday to be precise) my sugeon is takin me in twice 2weeks after first op for some reason doing one at a time(is this normal??).. anyway.... I have a family wedding on the saturday would you say I would be able to go? I'm hoping I can.

any advice guys and general do's and dont's would be most appreciated! thanks all in advance! ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:06:29 PM by irishpd »

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
1- Never heard of a 2 part surgery.

2- You should have answers to all these questions prior to surgery.

In my opinion, you should consider another surgeon. Selecting a good and experienced surgeon is definitely the most critical part of a successful GRS.

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
cheers Joe, he's one of the top breast surgeons in the country and has dealt with this a lot his 2 sons had it too he said. So hopefully will be alright.

Offline rapattu

hello guys.
finished wit my surgery on 21st may at apollo hospital,chennai by dr.ramachandran under general anesthesia.
still bandaged with the drains.
tomorow will be first dressing and the drains will be removed.
my chest is a bit sore and worried how it might shapeup!

anyways keeping my fingers crossed.
 i dont even smoke now for a cuple of days,terrified of any side effects on the healing tissues.

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
Hey guys had my op on thursday moring in vincents private hosp in Dublin, surgeon removed my right one first I'm having the 2nd one done on the 10th of June. Pain isnt too bad am on difine? and tylox or somethin for the pain. Results are unbelievable cant get over it. Its funny for me to see as I still have my left one there and when you compare the side views its somethin else. very happy so far and its only been a few hours for me out of hosp. Drain has been removed and Im bandaged up. Only pain I had was when they removed the drain as I have a hairy chest (haha). but question for all of you.... They didnt give me a compression vest. Is this normal? its tightly bandaged up at mo on one side. was just wondering if anyone had any advice?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024